NCAA GDT: Week 9: The Matt Rhule edition

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Temple has the return game in South Bend in 2017, but also have Maryland and Rutgers in the future, and Penn State of course. Hope Temple can hang in at #25

They will. Notre dame is #9 or something even tho they are overrated. but they were a couple plays away from beating them. So I think they stay at #25 or maybe #24

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Stanford stays ahead of notre dame only because they have better wins, barely. Id still rather have Iowa ahead because they are undefeated but meh. wont matter they will lose regardless against MSU/Michigan/Osu in the conference champ.

That duke ending, I don't think that guy went down but i never saw a replay or a zoomed in slown down replay. Too me it looks like he got it off right before he hit the ground.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Not even sure why we have rankings anymore. Only thing that matters is the committee.

ND and Stanford play I believe. So that will settle. SEC teams. I think Iowa will play Ohio State and lose. At this point there's only two teams I can see playing themselves in. Florida wins out...no way they miss. OK State. They play TCU and Baylor. Not to mention TCU and Baylor play head to head. Clemson has the easiest track even though I don't see Ohio State losing Iowa is good and gets kinda unmentioned.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
He always does them. Yet no one cares what he thinks even when he posts week after week. The new rankings that matter will be out Tuesday.

I was curious was all. I mean they are probably close to spot on just shuffle some rankings here or there but the 25 teams may be correct. Outside of the top 6 it doesn't matter....top 4 if you want technicality. There's really no way to nove up unless those teams lose

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
23 Miami penalties to 5 for Duke.

The refs ****ed that game up long before that last play. Duke should have never scored on the drive before it.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Baylor/TCU (1 loss will be better then the 1 loss nd i reckon)
Clemson (even 1 loss would be better then a ND resume)
OSU/MSU or Maybe even Michigan if ND loses 2. But i doubt it. 1 loss would be better then a resume ND

Bama,Florida,LSU blah blah blah. A 2 loss SEC team would probably get in over any other undefeated team that deserves it.

ND could easily get in (even tho they are overrated) if they join a conference. Pollsters love them, just like the sec teams

Memphis could f up all of this though.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
New Mexico St just broke the nations longest losing streak with the most amazing interception I've ever seen.

They had 4th and 22 in OT and converted, scored 2 td's in the last 5 minutes to force OT.

Good for the Aggies.

….you won't believe the pick when you see it

Idaho has no business carrying 3 wins this season. That is absolutely unacceptable.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I just watched the ending of Idaho@NMSU and boy that's a miraculous ending straight out of a movie.

Those guys are like the ultimate underdogs. 17 game losing streak. That stadium had basically just the two teams, the band, cheerleaders, event staff and maybe 50 actual fans in it most of whom were either family or friends of the players I imagine.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
UF stays at 12 in coaches poll...so much for SEC bias...ND and Stanford struggled...

Huh? ND and Stanford both beat good teams. Georgia is terrible. Stanford is overrated, but in general all three teams are right where they should be.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
The refs did everything they could beforehand to try & cost The U the game. Lets see.....24 penalties versus 5 for Duke......the Duke TD with 6 seconds left that clearly was not a TD. I'd say IF the refs messed up that final play (and I am not convinced they did and I watched the replay over & over...saw absolutely ZERO blocks in the back & I believe Walton got rid of the ball just before his knee was down) then justice was served! The 30-27 score is indeed the rightful final score!

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
The refs did everything they could beforehand to try & cost The U the game. Lets see.....24 penalties versus 5 for Duke......the Duke TD with 6 seconds left that clearly was not a TD. I'd say IF the refs messed up that final play (and I am not convinced they did and I watched the replay over & over...saw absolutely ZERO blocks in the back & I believe Walton got rid of the ball just before his knee was down) then justice was served! The 30-27 score is indeed the rightful final score!

the block in the back they mention is at 35 seconds in middle at 18ish yard line.

pause the video at 50 seconds and you see the player running onto the field with his helmet in his hand before the player was in the endzone

I didnt see the whole game so I cant comment on the other part you said

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Thanks for all the memories, time, and service. It is greatly appreciated.

But it's time.

Matt Rhule will have his first suitor.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
UF stays at 12 in coaches poll...so much for SEC bias...ND and Stanford struggled...

Not a big deal, we'll see what the real rankings say this week. All the Gators need to do is take care of their own business. Win out and they'll likely have a resume that's as good or better than anyone else with 1 loss. There's going to be plenty of chaos over the next month+ that will sort everything out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad