NFL GDT: Week 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Will be an interesting game. Pats are banged up and the Dolphins are riding some momentum. Miami beat two bad teams but they still played well. I'm expecting a better performance tonight from the Pats WR's.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
3c73eccedecfeec41de716d8eccd8a24.jpg

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
My predictions for tonight...

Patriots should still win but this game will be decided in the 4th Q.

Amendola and LaFell will have above average games.

Miller will have a good game.

Tannenhill will throw a couple picks and that will be the difference.

Chandler will score 1 TD.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I never root for the patriots but I hope they wreck them tonight. Dan Campbell is more obnoxious than Rex Ryan. That's hard to do. Wow they beat the Texans and Titans. Not exactly good teams there. Campbell seems cocky and arrogant from the little clips I've seen of him addressing the media.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Because everyone cares, showdown for me in my fantasy league…dude with the most points and me in 2nd. He has Brady/Gronk/Lewis/Gostkowski.

In other words, go Miami.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I never root for the patriots but I hope they wreck them tonight. Dan Campbell is more obnoxious than Rex Ryan. That's hard to do. Wow they beat the Texans and Titans. Not exactly good teams there. Campbell seems cocky and arrogant from the little clips I've seen of him addressing the media.

How in the **** did you even come to that conclusion

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Campbell has been very humble and fairly stoic. Not once has he gloated about beating the Texans or Titans.

Must be a Bills fan that can't stand taking a back seat again.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Wow.....there are just no words. So, you'd prefer Boring, bland, emotionless Joe Philbin still be their coach? :facepalm:

Ando

Keyboard Warrior
Oct 18, 2014
Central Coast, CA
I don't know if this was posted yet, but there was great E:60 done on Julian Edelman this week I think. Pretty good 20 min video if you guys wanna check it out, has a great ending to it as well. I actually teared a little bit there at end I admit!

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Campbell oozes "Hardo" to me. I mean, good for him for coming in and making the Dolphins look like a real NFL team, but let's pump the brakes a bit.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Campbell has been very humble and fairly stoic. Not once has he gloated about beating the Texans or Titans.

Must be a Bills fan that can't stand taking a back seat again.

LOL. The packers are my team....I'm just sick of hearing about this ****ing guy after 2 games like he's Vince Lombardi or something special.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Campbell oozes "Hardo" to me. I mean, good for him for coming in and making the Dolphins look like a real NFL team, but let's pump the brakes a bit.

That's what I'm saying. He's not the first coach to win his first 2 games and won't be the last. If they get trounced tonight the chatter will die.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Wow.....there are just no words. So, you'd prefer Boring, bland, emotionless Joe Philbin still be their coach? :facepalm:

Where did I say that? His time was up. If anything he lasted longer than he should have with doing nothing. I'm all for a coach trying to instill belief and all but I saw him pull a Rex in the bloopers on NFL Live in saying something along the lines of not really caring about the patriots and there standing. I don't think you have to sit there and praise your competition but you're also a coach who has 2 games under his belt and has won nothing important that you should display a mindset quite like that.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't know how good of a coach Campbell is but one thing he has going for him is that he's not Philbin. That might not be saying much but it's a step in the right direction.

The Lamar Miller usage in the first four games was baffling. Now, the last two run defenses Miller has lit up obviously aren't as good as the Jets or Bills but he was good for them last season as well so it's not like it's just a two game sample size. They kept trying to force the pass for some reason, even in situations when they clearly should have been running. They have a more balanced offense now.

Tonight should be a good test for the offense and defense. I'm expecting them to lose but lets see if they can at least keep it somewhat competitive and fight until the end.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
And how about Rodney Harrison saying he's concerned for Brady tonight? That hit on Mariotta was dirty. Now, I'm not against trying to get every hit I can on a QB and all but going for the legs is a low blow on any player. Most guys don't even know how to tackle in today's NFL.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Nah I don't think Olivier's hit was dirty. He stopped himself from going all the way through. Unfortunate yes but not dirty.

Sep 19, 2008
RT @AndrewSiciliano Dolphins haven’t won a game started by Brady in Foxboro since Week 17, ’05. Brady left after 1st quarter, Flutie drop-kicked an extra point.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That's a long losing streak.

Maybe it'll end tonight. If they can put the hurt on Brady, i like their chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad