NCAA GDT: Week 7

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
:laugh:

In fairness, that play was far more legit than this. This was akin to the Eagles/Giants miracle in the 80's.

I understand if Sparty fans want to gloat. They should since it's their biggest rival.

However, at the same time, I still can't take them seriously as a playoff title contender. The OSU-MSU winner will decide who goes into the playoff.

OSU, despite being very suspect themselves, is still better than Michigan.

I just don't want to hear any noise declaring that both of them should be in the playoff.

psu is beating osu tonight so the B1G might get shutout if PSU doesnt run the table :naughty:

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Technically, MSU still could have won if they returned the kick or threw a hail mary. Both unlikely but not improbable either.

But yes, Sparty won solely on the enormous f***up from the other team. It's happened before in the college and pros and will happen again. You'll be seeing that highlight for years to come though.

And it's possible all that play will end up being is some additional yearly bragging rights for fans of said team.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Technically, MSU still could have won if they returned the kick or threw a hail mary. Both unlikely but not improbable either.

But yes, Sparty won solely on the enormous f***up from the other team. It's happened before in the college and pros and will happen again. You'll be seeing that highlight for years to come though.

And it's possible all that play will end up being is some additional yearly bragging rights for fans of said team.

I dont think anybody was back for the punt. Its what the announcers said. an there were alot of guys at the line, i didnt count. So yeah. just punt and they win. 99.9% chance they dont make the hail mary or return the kick.

And wow about that injury. the #1 man on special teams and he gets injured

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
:laugh:

In fairness, that play was far more legit than this. This was akin to the Eagles/Giants miracle in the 80's.

I understand if Sparty fans want to gloat. They should since it's their biggest rival.

However, at the same time, I still can't take them seriously as a playoff title contender. The OSU-MSU winner will decide who goes into the playoff.

OSU, despite being very suspect themselves, is still better than Michigan.

I just don't want to hear any noise declaring that both of them should be in the playoff.

We are doing this without a bunch of key starters. This team has just not quit. Don't know what will happen next, but I'm enjoying the ride.

Plus if Kings catches that wide open first down 4 minutes beforehand, Maybe MSU can win it right there. It's why we play the full 60!

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
alright, so if buckeyes fall and let's say OSU beat MSU does a big ten team get into the playoffs?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
And State missed a lot of opportunities with dropped passes. The end result is that Michigan State won.

And michigan had alot of things wrong too. Its pretty much even, so it comes down to the last play. and there you have it, Michigan choked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad