Pre-Game Talk: Week 7: Talkin Turkey (@ NSH, VAN, @MIN, CGY)

Food you're going to over eat on the most

• Turkey

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Ham

• Stuffing

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Green Bean Casserole

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Pie

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Appetizers

• Mashed Potatoes

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Vegetables

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dinner Rolls

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Yams

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Other

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Tufte can skate and forecheck unlike the bums on the "2nd line"
Yeah, he'll do cardio.

douche.png

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Tufte would look good on our 4th line. But our 3rd and 4th lines are really clicking right now, so we shouldn't change a damn thing. If injuries happen, then I would like to see him in a bottom 6 role. Throwing him directly onto the second line with line mates that were already struggling to score, wasn't really a fair shake.

Tatar how shown intensity the past few games, but is still struggling in our system. He's often out of position and is fighting for everything. And not in a good way.

JD is less noticable than Tatar, but in a good way. He's also made some good passes that hopefully start producing some more points.

Has RyJo ever been a play driver? I've never really followed his career. Regardless, it's clear he's not that here. We need a play driving winger for the second line, because RyJo, JD and Tatar are not.

We're rumored to be in the market for a "depth forward" but I really hope that's more of a top 6 guy and not someone else for the bottom 6. Because as I already said,our bottom 6 has been fantastic.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Explain this to me like I don't know what you're talking about.

Disclaimer: I have no idea what you're talking about.
Xgoal value is essentially determined by overall shot data (ie. high danger, shot rate, etc) to determine the amount of expected goals both for and against. This chart takes into account all situations, so it's suggesting that the Avs have exhibited the best *expected* scoring and defensive habits of anyone in the league so far this season, both on special teams and 5v5 combined. The one thing xgoals doesn't take into account is the quality of the shooter or goaltender himself, so the intent is to supply more of a baseline of sorts.

Reactions: missionAvs

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
You gotta put bacon on top of your turkey fam. How have you been cooking it all these years? Turkey is very lean, not a lot of fat which means it will dry out much more quickly.

No matter how you cook it, I just never been a fan of turkey. I mean I’ll eat it if I was starving to death and there was nothing else to eat LOL

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Xgoal value is essentially determined by overall shot data (ie. high danger, shot rate, etc) to determine the amount of expected goals both for and against. This chart takes into account all situations, so it's suggesting that the Avs have exhibited the best *expected* scoring and defensive habits of anyone in the league so far this season, both on special teams and 5v5 combined. The one thing xgoals doesn't take into account is the quality of the shooter or goaltender himself, so the intent is to supply more of a baseline of sorts.

So in other words... Fire Bednar?

Reactions: The Moops

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Statement game tomorrow vs the Canucks.

I'm expecting a lot of MacK giveaways and poor defending by the top pairing.

A PP goal by Rants assisted by Makar. And a goal by the Avs second best line (the one without Ryjo).

5-2 Canucks. Hughes only has 1g 1a but shows who is the better D.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad