Patriots/NFL Week 7 - Pats 6-0 - Next Up - at Jets 10/21 8:15 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
The Packers may be my most despised franchise in sports.

I’ve hated them since the 96/97 Super Bowl.
More than the Giants?

Even as I've aged and become less of a Pats fan and more of a general football fan, the Giants remain my least favorite team, though the Redskins are trying hard to take that title for themselves.

Reactions: rfournier103

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
NFL gave up on the campaign to make them full time. Probably since these guys are making bank in other areas of life. Owners being too cheap maybe?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Much longer shelf life to being a lawyer as well. So why disrupt that to be a full time official for x amount of years.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
More than the Giants?

Even as I've aged and become less of a Pats fan and more of a general football fan, the Giants remain my least favorite team, though the Redskins are trying hard to take that title for themselves.
I like Coughlin and felt like Eli was pretty humble.

Couldn’t stand Favre and Rodgers is so smug.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
NFL officiating gets worse every year, and it starts with Riveron. Hes terrible at his job and the NFL needs to recognize they made a mistake with him and let him go. They should've done at after last season.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Some Patriots news:

TE Benjamin Watson - re-signed
TE Eric Tomlinson - signed

WR N'Keal Harry back at practice, eligible to play week 9.

WR Josh Gordon, TE Matt LaCosse, DE MichEl Bennett, and QB Cody Kessler all missing.

Gordon and LaCosse are dealing with injuries, and I'm assuming Kessler was cut for a roster spot.

Curious to see what's going on with Bennett.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
People who think Rodgers is better or on the same level as Brady are just dumb

Brees is the only NFL QB close to Brady

Rodgers is better than Brees imo and I dislike Rodgers

I mean just last night how many drops did his receivers have? Plus the difference between a dome and Lambeau is night and day

Neither are close to Brady in my mind when talking about legacy. The closest of this era is Manning imo

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
teams should be given 2 challenges per half and they go up stairs where independent decisions are made by a panel of 3 who don't know what the other is ruling

they need something- these calls are a joke- better to call little if anything

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
teams should be given 2 challenges per half and they go up stairs where independent decisions are made by a panel of 3 who don't know what the other is ruling

they need something- these calls are a joke- better to call little if anything

The rule was put in place to cover a situation like last year's playoff game where the Saints got absolutely screwed. None of the challenges have addressed anything close to being as egregious as that play, so very few have been overturned, and rightly so. It wasn't for ticky-tack possible infractions. It was for blatantly obvious ones that were missed or flat out blown. The majority of the calls that haven't been changed were nowhere near that kind of play. They were all very marginal, and to overturn a judgement call like that, there has to be irrefutable proof.

Besides, do you really want the refs injecting themselves into a game like that when it's crucial? I'd rather they err on the side of the call on the field in real time rather than watching a frame by frame replay and drawing a conclusion. If it looks good at real speed, it's probably a good call.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Some Patriots news:

TE Benjamin Watson - re-signed
TE Eric Tomlinson - signed

WR N'Keal Harry back at practice, eligible to play week 9.

WR Josh Gordon, TE Matt LaCosse, DE MichEl Bennett, and QB Cody Kessler all missing.

Gordon and LaCosse are dealing with injuries, and I'm assuming Kessler was cut for a roster spot.

Curious to see what's going on with Bennett.

Do you know what Wynn’s status is?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Explains his absence.

You may not like what the coach says but you have to do it and you also need to be respectful.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Bennett’s looked good out there when they play him, they just have so much quality on the line and in the front 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad