Patriots/NFL Week 7 - Pats 6-0 - Next Up - at Jets 10/21 8:15 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Meyers made some great plays

NFL guard Josh Sitton told McAfee this- “You can have two bad offensive linemen, you can’t have 3”

I tend to agree with that. When cannon holds up everything is fine, when he doesn’t it’s gonna cost them eventually

You’d think that some garbage team out there would have a decent OL whose contract is up after this year that they’d flip for a 4th or something?

Seems like a relatively easy position to fill considering every team has 8-9 or them.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Oh hey look, NFL officials with another terrible flag in a huge spot and turns into a 7 point swing.

They honestly need to just make everything challengeable at this point, so the egregious shit is reversed, and the borderline stuff doesn't change.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Make it TWO!

Both on Flowers for illegal hands to the face, neither of which ever hit his face.

What a joke. This league sucks.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
You know, with how badly the Lions have gotten hosed, I'd love it if Patricia just took his team off the field. Just walk off. Imagine the PR ****storm that would cause.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Clete Blakeman can kiss goodbye to any playoff assignment. His chances ended tonight.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
"Well earned win for Green Bay"

LOL WHAT? No. Call it how it is. It was two f***ing horrendous calls, both on Flowers.

At least Booger wasn't having it.

Reactions: CDJ

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Reporter: "Aaron, what can you say about the game?"

Rodgers: "Well, first I want to thank my Lord and Savior, Clete Blakeman, for giving us a chance. Without him, this wouldn't have been possible."

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Best part about that last penalty might have been the fact that Bakhtiari had his hand on Flower's facemask first.

I think the idea that referees are biased is incorrect. However, there is rampant incompetence and no way to fix it with replay. That needs to change, especially for plays where the answer is black and white. Pass interference will often be difficult because it's a judgement call, but so many penalties are simple yes or no situations.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The league handed Aaron Fraudgers another win, they’re gonna try to make him vs Brady happen hard

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
If PI is now reviewable, hands to the face should be as well

Best part about that last penalty might have been the fact that Bakhtiari had his hand on Flower's facemask first.

I think the idea that referees are biased is incorrect. However, there is rampant incompetence and no way to fix it with replay. That needs to change, especially for plays where the answer is black and white. Pass interference will often be difficult because it's a judgement call, but so many penalties are simple yes or no situations.

Belichick has been trying to get them to make everything reviewable for years.

At this point, the league needs to make everything reviewable. No reason to add additional challenges, etc, but just give the coaches the ability to do it.

Reactions: Smitty93 and CDJ

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
So I guess they make the head ref (Clete Blakeman) available to ONE (lol) reporter after the game. This is an excerpt from Blakeman.

"On the two hands-to-the-face penalties on Detroit defensive end Trey Flowers. I don’t know if you were the one who actually threw the flag there, but when discussing with the crew, what did you guys see on those calls?

Blakeman: “The umpire threw both of them. The last one was really the only one I’ve discussed with him. Basically, it’s for illegal use of the hands, hands-to-the-face foul. To be a foul, we basically need some forceful contact that’s prolonged to the head and neck area of the defender, So, in his mind he had pinned him back, it was prolonged, and that’s what created the foul.”

(You said head or neck area?)

Blakeman: “Head or neck area, yes.”

Yikes. Doesn't even own it. Neither of those were to the neck area, they were shoulder pads, which is totally legal.

Just brutal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad