Patriots/NFL Week 7 - Pats 6-0 - Next Up - at Jets 10/21 8:15 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
That's pretty lame, especially since I'm sure that Donnie is pretty highly educated, not that there is anything wrong with community college. I mean, both my kids went here in NJ and have careers making a lot more money than their peers, but what do I know.

I was 396th out of 227.

Played many sports including Greco-wrestle Romaning.

And graduated Magna Come Loaded.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Tomlin saying he doesn’t know when to challenge a PI because it’s a “moving target”

Is he the dumbest person on the planet? 20 of 21 challenges have failed. It’s quite literally the exact opposite of a moving target. Don’t throw the challenge flag unless the guy was straight up tackled, they couldn’t be more clear with how they’re calling it

Reactions: JRull86

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I don't think we should be gatekeeping discussion of BC or other college football. If no one truly cares, they won't respond and that line of conversation will die out naturally. But this is the de facto football thread, so if he wants to bring it up, it's not fair to just dismiss it and tell him he's not allowed to care.

Reactions: Smitty93

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I don't think we should be gatekeeping discussion of BC or other college football. If no one truly cares, they won't respond and that line of conversation will die out naturally. But this is the de facto football thread, so if he wants to bring it up, it's not fair to just dismiss it and tell him he's not allowed to care.
Sorry . He lost that card with insulting my graduate at the top of my 8th grade class.

I am now a double knot spy

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

No, it's not. This is the NFL and Patriots thread. Not college football. If someone wants to post about college ball, why not start a thread for it instead of cluttering up the professional football thread with crap about a different sport and league?

It would be like me wanting to discuss BU hockey in the Bruins threads. Not the right place. Not the right subject.

The only time bringing up college players in this thread is relevant is when it applies to the pro draft. But a college team covering a spread, winning a game, or anything game related is not part of the NFL.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Read that Green, Diggs and Sanders attached to Patriots as is Larry Fitz

Says who? Some random reporter that's speculating on bad teams that can move on from a WR and linking them to the Pats because they need WR help and it will garner clicks?? Not buying it. :laugh:

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I read stuff on instagram from Patriot IG pages, They post screenshots or posts by NFL Twitter account beat writers and journalists.

I dont have twitter so cant post links. I dont quote fake sources. Other names mentioned Cobb and Sanu. Also AB being brought up.

Can screenshot if the proof is needed

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I read stuff on instagram from Patriot IG pages, They post screenshots or posts by NFL Twitter account beat writers and journalists.

I dont have twitter so cant post links. I dont quote fake sources. Other names mentioned Cobb and Sanu. Also AB being brought up.

Can screenshot if the proof is needed

Rumors require verifiable sources.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Niners fans at work getting annoying. Who have the Pats played? I mentioned the Bills and get a weird look. I asked them the same thing and they said......................the Buccaneers...........................LOL

Once again also the same old song Patriots have an easy division. Asked dude who has a hard division. Of course he said his Niners division is hard.....................according to him AFC east and north are easy..............

Since the 2002 re-alignment, The Rams, 49ers and Cardinals all have fewer wins than the worst AFC East team, the Bills (despite all making, and losing, a Super Bowl). The NFC West has the worst overall record.

As for this year, it’s irrelevant until they actually play their division. The AFC East is 6-5 playing other divisions. The AFC North is 3-11. AFC South and West are both 7-7.

NFC East is 4-9, NFC South is 8-8.

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
16641-E15-7-F80-40-C7-A322-2-F4-A0-B3190-E2.png

Ok. So that is what is called speculation. So when posting that state that source so and so speculates xyz.....not team has interest in. Because team has interest in is more a rumor. Or hearing interest in..

Thanks.

beantown bullies

LOOOOOOCH
Jul 3, 2008
Boston
Can anyone with more knowledge of the rules than I explain why the Patriots either had to take a 10 second runoff or use a time out on Thursday with the James White overturned touchdown play? I don’t know the rule but it doesn’t make sense to me, the officials ruled touchdown, the league called for review and the league overturned the officials call; why do the Patriots get penalized?

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Can anyone with more knowledge of the rules than I explain why the Patriots either had to take a 10 second runoff or use a time out on Thursday with the James White overturned touchdown play? I don’t know the rule but it doesn’t make sense to me, the officials ruled touchdown, the league called for review and the league overturned the officials call; why do the Patriots get penalized?

This only applies if the driving team is trailing or tied. This is because they benefit from having the clock stop and getting set for the snap much more quickly than if the clock had been running from the last snap. You could say "Well, tough shit, the refs made a bad call and it should still affect the team that almost got screwed by that bad call time-wise"; but I'd hate to lose a Super Bowl in a scenario where, say, Marshawn Lynch seems to break the plane with 5 seconds left on third down, only for the call to be overturned and his team gets a free shot from fourth down when the game should be over unless they had a timeout to call when he fell short.

Had White been ruled short immediately, the Pats would have either called a timeout or tried to get set as quickly as possible for up to 4 attempts from the 1. This rule simulates that.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Idk wtf is going on for the Seahawks to only be 1 point favorites against Cleveland

Vegas must know something

beantown bullies

LOOOOOOCH
Jul 3, 2008
Boston
This only applies if the driving team is trailing or tied. This is because they benefit from having the clock stop and getting set for the snap much more quickly than if the clock had been running from the last snap. You could say "Well, tough ****, the refs made a bad call and it should still affect the team that almost got screwed by that bad call time-wise"; but I'd hate to lose a Super Bowl in a scenario where, say, Marshawn Lynch seems to break the plane with 5 seconds left on third down, only for the call to be overturned and his team gets a free shot from fourth down when the game should be over unless they had a timeout to call when he fell short.

Had White been ruled short immediately, the Pats would have either called a timeout or tried to get set as quickly as possible for up to 4 attempts from the 1. This rule simulates that.

Thank you, I appreciate the explanation!

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Idk wtf is going on for the Seahawks to only be 1 point favorites against Cleveland

Vegas must know something

Cleveland has struggled with the Rams and got blown out by the 49ers and Titans. Seahawks have struggled with the Rams, Steelers and Bengals. They’re not that much better aside from Wilson’s MVP bid. The Browns are at home as well (though their two wins came on the road).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad