Pre-Game Talk: Week #7: Avs Fans in the Stands? (VGK, MIN, @AZ, @AZ)

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I believe this is referred to as an "Arizona Sell-Out"...

giphy.gif

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Speaking of our guys enjoying a beverage...

Now maybe MacK barking at him in practice makes a little more sense lol

Edit: Never mind. Didn’t realize the actual title of the pod was ‘Missin Curfew’. I’m an idiot haha

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Now maybe MacK barking at him in practice makes a little more sense lol

Edit: Never mind. Didn’t realize the actual title of the pod was ‘Missin Curfew’. I’m an idiot haha

Yeah that was a pretty misleading tag at the bottom, especially with the big quotation marks like it was a quote. Took me a couple times reading it too.

Feels like another podcast trying to make a name for themselves by promoting gossip.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
So SJ practiced today, and have 1 confirmed case so far (Hertl). Game is still on for Monday. Will be an interesting follow to see if they get anymore cases. We all know what happened with Foligno and Minny.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The team seems a touch off. I feel like we have all the correct pieces (aside from a backup goalie), they just aren’t syncing up. Its great we’re towards the top in S/G, and I absolutely love that we’re leading the league in SA/G. It leads me to believe things will work themselves out naturally. But it’s a bit frustrating right now. We need a leaky goalie to get some scoring confidence back. I guess that isn’t likely to be tonight.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
They're generating a lot of shots yes... But they aren't really generating a tonne of High Danger chances. It's a bit of a worrying trend I have been noticing this year in the early stages. They seem to regularly win the corsi battle every night by a fairly convincing margin, but once you dig deeper into the Scoring Chances and High Danger chances, those numbers tend to end up being much close to even.

Seems to me like the Avs are having a harder time this year getting the puck into the middle of the ice and creating offensive opportunities especially off the rush.

Last edited:
Reactions: Richard88

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
They're generating a lot of shots yes... But they aren't really generating a tonne of High Danger chances. It's a bit of a worrying trend I have been noticing this year in the early stages. They seem to regularly win the corsi battle every night by a fairly convincing margin, but once you dig deeper into the Scoring Chances and High Danger chances, those numbers tend to end up being much close to even.

Seems to me like the Avs are having a harder time this year getting the puck into the middle of the ice and creating offensive opportunities especially off the rush.

They are

I thought last night was one of their better efforts in that area this season, but in general I agree.

The rush opportunities are definitely less than they were last season. They’re not getting the puck into the heart of the defence as often.

It’s definitely an area for improvement. It seems teams are sitting back a lot more against the Avs this season and it’s something the players and coaching staff will need to adjust to.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

They are
Yep. That's the reason why it seems like they always run into a hot goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad