Pre-Game Talk: Week #7: Avs Fans in the Stands? (VGK, MIN, @AZ, @AZ)

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
I just bought tickets for both games in Arizona. Can't f***in wait! Ironically enough I was in Arizona for a vacation when things really got real last year. I was supposed to go to the Canucks/Coyotes game the night that the NHL postponed the season. I guess it's fitting that I'll be back there almost a year later for my first hockey game in 12 months.

Last edited:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I just bought tickets for both games. Can't f***in wait! Ironically enough I was in Arizona for a vacation when things really got real last year. I was supposed to go to the Canucks/Coyotes game the night that the NHL postponed the season. I guess it's fitting that I'll be back there almost a year later for my first hockey game in 12 months.
Lucky.

Reactions: missionAvs

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
After the Vegas game we will have a full month of soft games.

Yeah, March is buttery soft for the Avs so expect .500 hockey lol

upload_2021-2-22_8-4-57.png

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
We’ll need a goalie soon. Grub’s can’t keep playing most of the games. If he gets hurt, we’re f***ed!

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
We’ll need a goalie soon. Grub’s can’t keep playing most of the games. If he gets hurt, we’re f***ed!
Right, there are definitely two huge issues going forward with this team - 3c and backup goalie. Our abundance of speed and good D are probably good enough to mask the 3c problem enough to get us to playoffs, but I don’t trust it in a long series vs Vegas or St. Louis.

Obviously we need a backup goalie, too. We can’t run Grubs into the ground before the playoffs and we are f***ed if he gets hurt.

If I’m Sakic I think the more pressing issue is the backup G, but I’m not sure what is out there. From what I’ve read goalies are at a premium this year. Hopefully Frankie comes back sooner than everybody thinks.

Reactions: missionAvs

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
With Francouz unavailable we don't really have any options in the goalie market, since we can't send a goalie back and teams aren't really out yet (except Detroit and Ottawa).

Reactions: 5280

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I’m feeling pretty damn confident about the matchup with Vegas tonight. If they find a way to take 3 of 4 against this team with all the absences in the first half of the series it will be pretty amazing. If someone told me we could get a split heading into the series I would have taken it and ran.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Came here to say this. They really do need a back up goalie. They're gonna play a lot of games coming up and every team in west can give the Avs problems if they don't have a legit back up. Kings are playing well, Yotes are playing well, even the Sharks and Ducks can be tough to beat if they have to play Miska or Werner

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
The Avs are 6-2 in their last 8 games.

Nice to see them rounding into form after a sluggish start to the season.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Right, there are definitely two huge issues going forward with this team - 3c and backup goalie. Our abundance of speed and good D are probably good enough to mask the 3c problem enough to get us to playoffs, but I don’t trust it in a long series vs Vegas or St. Louis.

Obviously we need a backup goalie, too. We can’t run Grubs into the ground before the playoffs and we are f***ed if he gets hurt.

If I’m Sakic I think the more pressing issue is the backup G, but I’m not sure what is out there. From what I’ve read goalies are at a premium this year. Hopefully Frankie comes back sooner than everybody thinks.

I do have a lot of trust in Joe, however and have to guess he will figure out a way to solve these problems. His patient approach might be completely aggravating at times, but his on ice product is badass. The dude knows a lot more than any of us what it takes to win at this level.

Reactions: Sudden Nordique

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
He's not going to have the luxury of being patient when Grubby's groin goes from playing his 13th game in 30 days and they're icing Werner as their starter.

The shorten season was a horrible time for Frankie to disappear.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
If we don't wear the Nordiques jerseys away to Montreal at some point the team should be folded and all our players donated to Minnesota.

Reactions: Sudden Nordique

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
To be fair, the easier opponents should allow us to play Miska or Werner even on ordinary game nights, not just b2b games. If our roster is pretty much healthy, I'm fine with us going against Arizona or Anaheim without Grubauer. Should be able to beat them no matter who our goalie is.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
If we don't wear the Nordiques jerseys away to Montreal at some point the team should be folded and all our players donated to Minnesota.

In the extremely fabricated scenario where our entire roster got traded for Minnesota's entire roster would you guys cheer for the Avs or the Wild the rest of the year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad