Post-Game Talk: WEEK 6 - Pats fall to 1-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Sure I guess, to me that’s just a different way to say the loss is partially on Mac without actually saying it but whatever.

He’s a big part of the problem, but hardly the only part. I just don’t see the point in defending him or breaking up the responsibility. It’s not just on him or just on Bill, it’s all of it, they all suck.
It’s never going to stop. If they got Randy Moss and Mac didn’t do well, the blame would offense line, if offense line was good it would because of the OC like last year. The fact is he is just as bad as the rest of the team. Hes not a star giving crap to work with. He’s mid and has made some unreal poor decisions lately. His intercepted pass was just an awful throw to a wide open guy. Thats on him as much as it was on Parker for missing a catch. Thats the definition of mid though. Some good plays but ultimately canceled out by bad plays.

Most of the blame is on Bill. He built a crappy roster with mid players expecting he’d coach them to greatness and that’s pure ego driven stuff. Splash in some nepotism for adding son to coaching staff and you get a king that sees no faults of his own.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If we have a a high pick, give me Harrison Jr. All these young QB's would get killed behind the garbage we have at o-line (which most are signed past this year). At best they don't get injured but you kill any confidence they have. Get a guy who can actually get separation, catch a ball and make plays when the ball is in his hands.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
It encapsulates the Patriots. Even when the QB makes a great play the buffoons around him will surely screw it up. This franchise is just a giant collection of suck right now.
basically one good pass this month, its like celebrating a single A player getting a base hit while the sox are 20 games out in September.

Give Malik a start next week, see what they have

And he's responsible for the players or lack there of on this team. He should be able to answer legitimate questions but he won't. I'm over his bs. I'm sorry about your breakup with Linda, Bill. But your entire constructed team sucks and that's on YOU.

View attachment 753387

He can speak for me.
fine to blame Bill, but some are going to blame Mac who can't make plays at all

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
basically one good pass this month, its like celebrating a single A player getting a base hit while the sox are 20 games out in September.

I daresay you've blamed Mac Jones even before the season began!

Reactions: Mione134

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
1-5, i stand by it
You swore by Bailey, and stood by Malik. The team was better than it showed and wild card fever pitch might be in the air, was your message. Nothing left to lean on here but a Belichick void. This roster is built to tank for number one pick, and tank they must.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
You swore by Bailey, and stood by Malik. The team was better than it showed and wild card fever pitch might be in the air, was your message. Nothing left to lean on here but a Belichick void. This roster is built to tank for number one pick, and tank they must.

yesterday was another winnable game just like Miami and Philly, Dallas and NO were the only games they looked terrible so with competent play they could be 4-2. Bill is against turnovers his whole career but give Jones carte blanche to keep making them week after week. I expect the same next week. Bailey and Malik having nothing to do with this years record.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Pats need a new voice / GM, time to make a change with BB.
The only question is when do you do this ( now or after the season?).
I think its better to do it now, accumulate as many draft picks as we can and reset for next year.
We have cap space / spend it wisely.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
yesterday was another winnable game just like Miami and Philly, Dallas and NO were the only games they looked terrible so with competent play they could be 4-2. Bill is against turnovers his whole career but give Jones carte blanche to keep making them week after week. I expect the same next week. Bailey and Malik having nothing to do with this years record.
Bill had Brady Bunch to carry him. Bill is now age 71. Yesterday's news. Don't suddenly disown Bailey and Malik as a bunch of PSP's.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Bill had Brady Bunch to carry him. Bill is now age 71. Yesterday's news. Don't suddenly disown Bailey and Malik as a bunch of PSP's.
Yes Brady is the GOAT who took a 5-11 team who started 0-2 and finished the season 14-3 winning a his first Super Bowl. Nobody will ever be the GOAT but I'd like to see Bill have another franchise QB, you just can't win in this league without one. I hope Bailey get his chance, its seems he's regressed under Obrien but while some discredit his good start last year, he had a lot more success in his first few chances than many others and handed a team Mac left at 1-3 to 3-3., could have been 4-3 with any luck in Green Bay. That was the last time the team actually looked good with convincing wins.

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

I don't need to see him start to tell you what they have in him: nothing. He's not a valid NFL quarterback, which is why he went undrafted and they tried to turn him into a WR. He's an athlete and nothing more. Now that being said, I don't actually care who they play back there at this point because it's boring AF to watch this team right now. They're terrible across the board in everything they do. Start Jones. Start Zappe. Start Cunningham. It makes no difference because the results are going to be the same. They suck. The roster sucks. The execution sucks. The game plan sucks. The coaching sucks. And he general manager sucks.

Keep in mind, I say this as a lifelong fan that sat in the stands when they were winning 1 and 2 games a year and were so bad that home games were blacked out from local television.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I don't need to see him start to tell you what they have in him: nothing. He's not a valid NFL quarterback, which is why he went undrafted and they tried to turn him into a WR. He's an athlete and nothing more. Now that being said, I don't actually care who they play back there at this point because it's boring AF to watch this team right now. They're terrible across the board in everything they do. Start Jones. Start Zappe. Start Cunningham. It makes no difference because the results are going to be the same. They suck. The roster sucks. The execution sucks. The game plan sucks. The coaching sucks. And he general manager sucks.

Keep in mind, I say this as a lifelong fan that sat in the stands when they were winning 1 and 2 games a year and were so bad that home games were blacked out from local television.
Hey now, wait a minute, I think the coaching is....adequate. Maybe even better than that. lol Other than that, dead on.

Last edited:
Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Hey now, wait a minute, I think the coaching is....adequate. Maybe even better than that. lol Other than that, dead on.
The undisciplined penalties like the false starts or the personal fouls after a play are direct reflections on the coaches. They don't have their players prepared to go every game so far this season. Again, another poor reflection on the coaching staff. And that doesn't even take into consideration the game plans and play calling, but we all see things differently, so it is what it is.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
They held on for a while post Brady.
They didn’t bottom out right away, and it felt like maybe we were in for a quick on the fly retool as opposed to a rebuild.

It was fools gold and the bottom has fallen out.

Lost season.

Let Belichick finish the season.
Then fire him and restart from scratch.
He doesn’t ride off into the sunset or go out on his terms. Few do.

Let the new GM/President of Football Operations decide on Jones’ option.

Reactions: rfournier103

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
The undisciplined penalties like the false starts or the personal fouls after a play are direct reflections on the coaches. They don't have their players prepared to go every game so far this season. Again, another poor reflection on the coaching staff. And that doesn't even take into consideration the game plans and play calling, but we all see things differently, so it is what it is.
You are right about the penalties and preparation. However I see enough sophistication from the gameplans, particularly defensive gameplans, to call them....adequate.

Reactions: LSCII

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Belichick better thank Brady like 20x in his eventual HOF induction speech, because he'd go down as nothing more than a great defensive coordinator that was a 2x failed head coach if not for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad