NFL GDT: Week 5 - Part 2 (MNF: Steelers @ Chargers)

Classless AINEC*

Giants-9ers games still only make me think two words.

Trey Junkin.

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
Thoughts and prayers go out to the victim hope he pulls through. Sports are supposed to be an escaped from the terrible things like this

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Alcohol fueled environment in Texas, shocked there was gun violence. Despicable that a crowd egged the shooter on. Hope that guy pulls through, being in only "serious" (I use the term "only" loosely) condition after getting shot in the head is a decent sign at least.

As for the game tonight, what do people think about the spread being 4 tonight? Anybody got any ideas? So tough to predict with Pittsburgh having all those shiny toys but nobody to play with them

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Entirely depends on if they want to let Vick throw. I feel like they were way too conservative against Baltimore. The problem is, San Diego has a decent secondary. They can afford to load up on Bell, and they'll need to, because he's good and their rush defense isn't. Gates being back should offset Johnson/Floyd's absence, but I honestly don't know how what to expect as far as points go. I picked San Diego, but I'm not super confident about it. I also have like every relevant player in this game (except Antonio Brown) in some lineup or another. No matter what happens, I think I should put up a decent profit this weekend.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Entirely depends on if they want to let Vick throw. I feel like they were way too conservative against Baltimore. The problem is, San Diego has a decent secondary. They can afford to load up on Bell, and they'll need to, because he's good and their rush defense isn't. Gates being back should offset Johnson/Floyd's absence, but I honestly don't know how what to expect as far as points go. I picked San Diego, but I'm not super confident about it. I also have like every relevant player in this game (except Antonio Brown) in some lineup or another. No matter what happens, I think I should put up a decent profit this weekend.

I wouldn't trust Vick at this stage of his career.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Yeah it's a tough game to get a read on because like you said, we're not sure how conservative they will be with Vick. I can understand them being ultraconservative against Baltimore with them working on a short week. Hopefully they let Vick open it up a bit.

Side note, I really really need Keenan Allen to be exceptional tonight.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Yeah it's a tough game to get a read on because like you said, we're not sure how conservative they will be with Vick. I can understand them being ultraconservative against Baltimore with them working on a short week. Hopefully they let Vick open it up a bit.

Side note, I really really need Keenan Allen to be exceptional tonight.

I just want a reliable kicker.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
ESPN with a fluff piece about how SD loves Chargers

How come they have struggled to sell tickets over last decade for some very good teams?

It has never been a great market for NFL and if team moves to LA it wont hurt league one bit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad