NFL GDT: Week 5 - Part 2 (MNF: Steelers @ Chargers)

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I feel so bad for Rivers.

Been coached by a bunch of pathetic losers like Mike McCoy and Norv Turner his entire career.

This clown better not find a way to linger around like the last clown did.

Rivers spotted the Steelers a td tonight. I don't feel bad for him at all. He's had a good career.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Rivers spotted the Steelers a td tonight. I don't feel bad for him at all. He's had a good career.

That was a terrible route by Floyd, as noted on the broadcast.

It just sucks for Rivers that crap like this always happens to him, obviously it's hard to feel bad for someone with 9 figure career earnings who plays a game for a living, but he should have made it to atleast one Super Bowl, and the best chance for that was robbed of him by his own teammate Marlon McCree.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Can someone tell me how the Steelers haven't played in San Diego since 2006 before tonight? You go through inter-conference stadiums more frequently sometimes, the Steelers have been to Arizona twice since then.

Looks like they've only played the Chargers three total times since then. Twice on the divisional rotation, and once by finishing in the same slot, and they hosted them each time. Not sure how the host is determined though, but it's not unusual. Carolina has hosted Seattle in 2012, 2013, and 2014, but the Panthers are traveling up there in Week 6.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Congrats to the Steelers that was a hell of a game.

But man I'm embarrassed to be a Chargers fan tonight, being blown out by opposing fans in your own building and then imploding like that. The disappointment never ends with this team.

San Diego is like 30% transplanted Pittsburghers, so...yeah. It'd be something to be embarrassed about if it was like that every game, but Pittsburgh @ San Diego games are always pro-Pittsburgh (likewise to a much smaller degree for Padres-Pirates games). I remember in 2006 that you couldn't simply buy a single-game ticket to the Steelers-Chargers game, you had to buy a half-season plan...and it still would up being 3/4 Steelers fans.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
San Diego is like 30% transplanted Pittsburghers, so...yeah. It'd be something to be embarrassed about if it was like that every game, but Pittsburgh @ San Diego games are always pro-Pittsburgh (likewise to a much smaller degree for Padres-Pirates games). I remember in 2006 that you couldn't simply buy a single-game ticket to the Steelers-Chargers game, you had to buy a half-season plan...and it still would up being 3/4 Steelers fans.

Yeah I don't mean to pin it on this single game, but it's been like that at almost every home game in the last few years. Almost everyone who plays a road game in San Diego will have more of their fans than Charger fans in Qualcomm.

And I also don't blame the fans 100%, the Spanos continually charge insane prices for a mediocre team in a dump of a stadium.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Can someone tell me how the Steelers haven't played in San Diego since 2006 before tonight? You go through inter-conference stadiums more frequently sometimes, the Steelers have been to Arizona twice since then.

The Steelers and Browns were supposed to play in San Diego in 2012 which would have been the normal division rotation: 2003 [SD@PIT], 2006 [PIT@SD], 2009 [SD@PIT]. Chargers played in Pittsburgh in 2008 as well.

I forget why exactly, but the NFL flipped the matchups and Baltimore/Cincinnati played at SD in 2012 (the Baltimore game was the infamous Ray Rice 4th and 29 play) and the Chargers visited Pittsburgh/Cleveland. When the NFL announced the flip, I remember some locals were upset since their ticket resale value went down without the Steelers coming.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
That was a terrible route by Floyd, as noted on the broadcast.

It just sucks for Rivers that crap like this always happens to him, obviously it's hard to feel bad for someone with 9 figure career earnings who plays a game for a living, but he should have made it to atleast one Super Bowl, and the best chance for that was robbed of him by his own teammate Marlon McCree.

It was horrible pass from Rivers

It had no success even if Floyd ran better route. D read it entire way and it was a poor throw

And Rivers is a big reason why Chargers haven't made it to SB. His closest chance he undercut his own team by forcing himself into lineup with injury and played absolutely awful football

Blaming every coach and not Phil is a reach. There were several years in which Rivers poor performance sunk team in Turner era

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
A lot of Raiders fans fill Jack Murphy Stadium when they head there for a game, heck last year when Denver was in town the stands were all pro Broncos in Orange..

The Chargers and the Padres have probably the worst luck in terms of team sports..heck even the NBA tried twice in San Diego and left ( Clippers and Rockets )

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
hXB8h7U.png

This made me chuckle... I wonder who are in the top 3... :sarcasn:

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
Yeah I don't mean to pin it on this single game, but it's been like that at almost every home game in the last few years. Almost everyone who plays a road game in San Diego will have more of their fans than Charger fans in Qualcomm.

And I also don't blame the fans 100%, the Spanos continually charge insane prices for a mediocre team in a dump of a stadium.

It's the only SoCal team and within any real driving distance of a lot of ppl. For some reason the chargers just get a lot of hate here and a lot of ppl just hop on random bandwagons. I'm sure more than half the steeler fans at that Monday night game have never even been to Pittsburgh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->