Buffalo Bills Week 5: Bills v. Steelers (Sun. 10/9, 1:00PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Tomlin with a lot of cowardly coaching today. And I don’t get it. You aren’t winning, it’s the exact last time you should be coaching cowardly
I disagree. They went for it on 4th down repeatedly down big.
Pickett has 300 yards but they have 3 points. That's pretty weird
Missed FGs and went for it instead of trying FGs in the 2nd half because they were down so much.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
Tons of attempts. 6 yards an attempt isn't the best.
He was ok, I think he will be a good nfl qb, not great. Had a good first scrip[ted drive, then hit outs, timing stuff, holes in zones, and garbage zone time the rest of the way.

Pickens the wr could be a star if Tomlin doesn't hold him back.

Bad today ?
Phillips likely out weeks tweaking his hammy again

Saffold below average again

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Yep.

The Epenesa stuff sort of reminds me of when Mogilny laid hands on an official. There was a scrum, someone came up to him from behind and he turned around swinging. And it was a linesman.
Always feels good to hand a team their very own piece of history.. Even better when you do it to a storied franchise rich with success like them.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
Random reflections off the top of my head:
98yarder incredible in that wind from Josh. Davis not losing speed looked elite

Davis's second TD was eff'n amazing. One handed catch of a bomb from Josh with the DB tugging on his other arm. Wow! Easily one of the best grabs I have ever witnessed

Thank goodnes Elam got that int. so he has something positive to look at on film. Spent the rest of the day allowing too much separation and got flagged the one time he didn't. The lone negative from this game.

Thought Morris looked good at TE outside the fumble. The pleasant surprise of the afternoon

Good pressure from the DL. Surprised Pickett didn't eat more sacks, but he got rid of the ball.

Great run defense from the DL, LB, and safeties, The "replacements" like Dodson and Hamlin filled in nice

We can put to bed Neal's position. He came in after Taron Johnson got hurt. and played very well at nickel corner. I think T. Johnson may have come back if not for the score based on how he looked on the sideline.

Not sure of Jordan Phillips' status. Went down and looked fine leaving the field, but never returned as far as I know

Big week with the Chiefs ahead. That game should be the talk of the League after MNF

Thank you Bills! I usually go to these games with a Steeler fan I am friends with from college. He arrived oddly confident and was quickly humbled - very quickly humbled. lol

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I wish every game was like this. Beautiful plays in the first, win in the bag and then they crush the bones of the opposition. Skulls for the skull throne!

Reactions: Sabreality

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
So did i hear that right earlier in the broadcast? Steelers havent lost this bad since '89 or something?
Yes

chuck Noll was coaching losing by 35+

I left the sports bar at halftime to go enjoy the beautiful day and a worry free Sunday :laugh:
People that years ago playing the oilers in the playoff game and saw what happened….would have a different response.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I love that they had Diggs present this. It shows how much the locker room respects him IMHO.

Also, as a dad, I love seeing players celebrate with their kids. It has to feel so good for them.

Reactions: Dingo44

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
To those concerned about the Bills' record in one-score games: think of every game as two control charts overlapped - one featuring the Bills' ability and the other featuring their opponents' ability. The difference in the points amplitude, or height, can be interpreted as the outcome of the game.

control-chart.png

When the Bills are on (or at a high point on their chart) and the opposing team is off (or at a low point on their chart), we get games like today where it's over by half-time. When the Bills are off, and the opposing team is off, it's a one-score loss either in regular time or OT. They simply do not lose big anymore because they are just that good.

Good game today, particularly for the rookies. Glad there weren't too many injuries today.

Reactions: Dingo44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad