NFL GDT: Week 4

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Weird division. Russ Wilson was like 17-4 vs SF in his Seahawks career. So Seattle owned SF the last decade.
Rams under Shanahan have owned the Rams.
Seattle has struggled badly the Rams DL all the way back to Fisher as HC.

I can’t recall how AZ fares agains these teams.
Wild cards. AZ wasn't part of the rock paper scissors fun, but seemed to play spoiler pretty often.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm at peace with it. It's sad but it's more than I've seen since I was a young child, and it felt good to knock off those TikTok douches in KC (though I highly doubt that'll ever happen again.)

There are players on the Rams I was happy for.

I've often thought of how the Jaguars could move to St. Louis without even having to change divisions, tbh.
If St. Louis ever gets a team, as a 33rd team, they should be in the NFC north.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Wild cards. AZ wasn't part of the rock paper scissors fun, but seemed to play spoiler pretty often.
Yeah but I think there's a new COD coming out this year, Cardinals won't do anything.

If St. Louis ever gets a team, as a 33rd team, they should be in the NFC north.
If the NFL expands beyond 32 all bets are off in terms of where any STL team would go IMO.

Any reason you're thinking the North?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The NFC is looking weaker that initially expected. As it stands right now Philly is the only team to put up a complete effort in all four of their games. Packers look weak, the Vikings are frauds, the entire NFC West is apparently a gongshow and the Giants are legitimately in discussion for worst 3-1 team of all time.

I'm not going to bag on Stafford, but the man did lead the lead in picks last season as well. Difference was the Rams got far more reward for his risks.

Stafford has always been like that. Will come out and break the scoreboard one week and then look like he doesn't belong in professional football at all the next.

Edit: Also, Allen Robinson is god damn useless.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah but I think there's a new COD coming out this year, Cardinals won't do anything.

If the NFL expands beyond 32 all bets are off in terms of where any STL team would go IMO.

Any reason you're thinking the North?
St. Louis is more closely aligned with those other markets.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Makes sense. St. Louis sports teams are generally in central aligned divisions (NL Central, the NHL's old central division, the current one, etc)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They would be ok as the AFC South, but I don’t see them as a ‘south’ market. In their time in the NFL, they’ve never really been in the right place. Back before the merger, they were re-aligning annually and one year just kind of left it even though the NFC Central only had 4 teams.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
What the hell does Allen Robinson do in this Rams offense? Just run cardio on the field? Guy can’t get open.

Also, Bobby Wagner has been straight ass in the Rams defense. The biggest hit he’s done so far is tackle the streaker tonight. He was supposed to help the defense but he hasn’t done shit. Sure he got paid but holy hell man, do something. It feels like once he left Seattle he’s been meh.

• Haha
Reactions: Rodgerwilco

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
What the hell does Allen Robinson do in this Rams offense? Just run cardio on the field? Guy can’t get open.

Also, Bobby Wagner has been straight ass in the Rams defense. The biggest hit he’s done so far is tackle the streaker tonight. He was supposed to help the defense but he hasn’t done shit. Sure he got paid but holy hell man, do something. It feels like once he left Seattle he’s been meh.
10 years as a MLB, has its wear and tear. Despite Barton playing poorly, it was the right move to move off Wagner for Seattle. Seattle needed to see what they had in Barton was a former 3rd round pick of theirs in the final year of his rookie deal. I didn't expect All Pro Wagner on the Rams.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
St. Louis is more closely aligned with those other markets.
Yup. Chicago is the natural rival assuming they want to go AFC/NFC with KC. Even then, Chicago is the bigger rival in baseball and there's no other sport that compares, although it trickles down some to college (kU/Mizzou) as well. Add in the Brewers/Packers and Wild/Vikings connection, and then a little bit of the old Red Wings/Lions, and NFC North makes the most sense. That said, I think if the NFL were to expand, it would add 4 teams (say, STL, Portland, San Antonio, Sacramento) and go to 6 divisions of 6, split 3/3 AFC/NFC and stop some of the splits between AFC/NFC.

Pacific (NFC): Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, San Fran., LAR, LAC
Mountain (AFC): Denver, LV Raiders, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Arizona
North (NFC): Kansas City, Detroit, Minnesota, Green Bay, St. Louis, Chicago
Southeast (NFC): New Orleans, Tampa, Miami, Jacksonville, Atlanta, Carolina
Midwest (AFC): Indianapolis, Tennessee, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
East (AFC): New England, NYJ, NYG, Buffalo, Washington, Philadelphia

This would actually set up pretty well for a 16 game schedule.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yup. Chicago is the natural rival assuming they want to go AFC/NFC with KC. Even then, Chicago is the bigger rival in baseball and there's no other sport that compares, although it trickles down some to college (kU/Mizzou) as well. Add in the Brewers/Packers and Wild/Vikings connection, and then a little bit of the old Red Wings/Lions, and NFC North makes the most sense. That said, I think if the NFL were to expand, it would add 4 teams (say, STL, Portland, San Antonio, Sacramento) and go to 6 divisions of 6, split 3/3 AFC/NFC and stop some of the splits between AFC/NFC.

Pacific (NFC): Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, San Fran., LAR, LAC
Mountain (AFC): Denver, LV Raiders, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Arizona
North (NFC): Kansas City, Detroit, Minnesota, Green Bay, St. Louis, Chicago
Southeast (NFC): New Orleans, Tampa, Miami, Jacksonville, Atlanta, Carolina
Midwest (AFC): Indianapolis, Tennessee, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
East (AFC): New England, NYJ, NYG, Buffalo, Washington, Philadelphia

This would actually set up pretty well for a 16 game schedule.
I think some of those splitting of rivals will be a non-starter, especially across conferences, but Roger's been on the job how long and he hasn't gotten around to expansion yet. The NFL could expand to 40 teams tomorrow if it wanted to and be perfectly fine provided they had the stadiums.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I think some of those splitting of rivals will be a non-starter, especially across conferences, but Roger's been on the job how long and he hasn't gotten around to expansion yet. The NFL could expand to 40 teams tomorrow if it wanted to and be perfectly fine provided they had the stadiums.
Yeah, I tried to keep most of the biggest rivalries together, but losing things like Cowboys/Giants or Cowboys/Eagles might be a nonstarter. I don't think there's too many other big rivalries lost; both North divisions stick together.

I think you could go to 40 for sure. Add the 4 I mentioned and then Salt Lake, OKC, Louisville, and maybe Orlando.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I agree. You basically do what you can to work around rivalries. I would imagine since the "South" division is the newest, that you'd see both of them broken up to fit into whatever the NFL needs.

don't see much changing for the West as there are currently needing teams as far east as KC just to have enough teams. Unless SD and another West teams is there, they will likely have to bring STL and Hou to the West.

AFC - LAC, LV, Den, KC, adding in Hou and say SD or something.
NFC - Sea, SF, LAR, AZ, STL, & whatever other team they can outside of Dallas that will remain with NYG, PHI, WAS

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, I tried to keep most of the biggest rivalries together, but losing things like Cowboys/Giants or Cowboys/Eagles might be a nonstarter. I don't think there's too many other big rivalries lost; both North divisions stick together.

I think you could go to 40 for sure. Add the 4 I mentioned and then Salt Lake, OKC, Louisville, and maybe Orlando.

I agree. You basically do what you can to work around rivalries. I would imagine since the "South" division is the newest, that you'd see both of them broken up to fit into whatever the NFL needs.

don't see much changing for the West as there are currently needing teams as far east as KC just to have enough teams. Unless SD and another West teams is there, they will likely have to bring STL and Hou to the West.

AFC - LAC, LV, Den, KC, adding in Hou and say SD or something.
NFC - Sea, SF, LAR, AZ, STL, & whatever other team they can outside of Dallas that will remain with NYG, PHI, WAS
The AFC South would be the one to break up, they were the leftovers division anyways. There isn't a compelling reason you'd *have* to keep those teams together other and even within the AFC unless it's important to the Titans, I guess.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The AFC South would be the one to break up, they were the leftovers division anyways. There isn't a compelling reason you'd *have* to keep those teams together other and even within the AFC unless it's important to the Titans, I guess.
AFC south was the leftovers and 2 of the expansion teams.

Indy and Ten would go North to become a central division. Jax to the east. Houston to the west. But would depend on which cities are the new expansion teams. SD, Stl, etc. West needs teams so if they get one in the west they probably move houston west.

Nfc. Carolina is the newest. Saints and Falcons have been together forever. TB used to be with the North teams pre expansion.

Again no way Dallas moves west. So it would have to be expansion teams that do.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00