Pre-Game Talk: Week 4: Saint Louis Blues and @ Vegas Golden Knights. Time to panic? Or time to calm down?

Panic!!!!!

• Total voters

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
We got the Blues on Wednesday and the Golden knights on Saturday. I still think it's way too early to really learn anything from this season, but I'm sure will bitch, whine and maybe even gloat a little before this week is through.

Is Makar dead?

Is Georgie over played and tired?

Will RyJo ever score at 5v5?

Is our 4th line actually our 2nd best line?

Was New Coke actually superior flavor?

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
I think the question on lines is, will we ever have our top 3 lines the same from start to finish? I think not.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I don't think what is going on with George is fatigue. He shouldn't be tired with the schedule the Avs have had so far. IMO it is more related to the lack of competition from our backup goalies be it Prosvetov or Annunen. When a #1 goalie doesn't feel pushed by the backup he very often loses focus. It is human nature. Most people, especially athletes, will perform better if they are being pushed and feel like their job is threatened by somebody else.

If I would be Bednar I would give the next game to Prosvetov but not because I believe George is tired. I would hope Prosvetov have a really good game to put a bit of pressure/urgency in George. It doesn't need to get to a goalie controversy...just put a bit of doubt in his mind.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
If we score a goal and I don't see Toews on the powerplay again I'll consider the week a win.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
We got the Blues on Wednesday and the Golden knights on Saturday. I still think it's way too early to really learn anything from this season, but I'm sure will bitch, whine and maybe even gloat a little before this week is through.

Is Makar dead? NO

Is Georgie over played and tired? NO

Will RyJo ever score at 5v5? NO

Is our 4th line actually our 2nd best line? YES

Was New Coke actually superior flavor? WHAT ARE YOU, CRAZY?!?!

Reactions: sethro109

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Prosvetov should start against the Blues, and Georgiev should remember how to use his glove hand against the Golden Knights

Reactions: AvsWraith

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Everybody just calm down

IMG_3498.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
I don't think what is going on with George is fatigue. He shouldn't be tired with the schedule the Avs have had so far. IMO it is more related to the lack of competition from our backup goalies be it Prosvetov or Annunen. When a #1 goalie doesn't feel pushed by the backup he very often loses focus. It is human nature. Most people, especially athletes, will perform better if they are being pushed and feel like their job is threatened by somebody else.

If I would be Bednar I would give the next game to Prosvetov but not because I believe George is tired. I would hope Prosvetov have a really good game to put a bit of pressure/urgency in George. It doesn't need to get to a goalie controversy...just put a bit of doubt in his mind.
It's George's fault we haven't scored in two games?

Help me out here.

Reactions: The Moops

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Georgiev is clearly tired. The two days off between games haven't been enough. He looks different in net and he's not making the saves he was before.

And it's just a simple fact that when you're fatigued you're more susceptible to injury. Even more so for a goalie that has to react quickly and stretch his lower body to the extremes.

Curious if they play him against St Louis at home. Seems as thought they'll play him against Vegas. If they don't sit him against the Blues they may have to wait until NJ on the 7th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad