Patriots/NFL Week 3: vs sʇǝſ 9/22 1PM - CBS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - Antonio Brown Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Trying to read anything from Antonio Brown is one of the most painful experiences in my entire life. Just impossible to understand.

Having said that, I tried going through the texts that are now at the forefront. While it's obvious AB is a deadbeat and a terrible person, am I missing something with these texts? I don't see anything in there that is a threat or "intimidating".

Reactions: Fossy21

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Final point: AB will never change/learn. You would think after all this he would be "silent" but nope he can't resist. This thing is about to spiral out of control/unravel. People are calling for action. Something is gonna happen now, whether it's the Pats releasing him or the league stepping in. But this isn't going to end well.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Antonio Brown is a garbage human being and has got to be one of the dumbest people alive, but anyone else find it fascinating that the reporter who's sort of been the lead investigator on this is Robert Klemko, who was arrested for assaulting a cab driver a few years ago? It shouldn't be part of the story, but I just find the moral superiority he's portrayed funny.

Reactions: Alicat and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Antonio Brown is a garbage human being and has got to be one of the dumbest people alive, but anyone else find it fascinating that the reporter who's sort of been the lead investigator on this is Robert Klemko, who was arrested for assaulting a cab driver a few years ago? It shouldn't be part of the story, but I just find the moral superiority he's portrayed funny.

The real takeaway from all this is that Brown was actually too stupid for Florida State. Let that sink in. FSU turned down a supremely talented football player because he wasn't smart enough.

Reactions: CDJ and Seidenbergy

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Trying to read anything from Antonio Brown is one of the most painful experiences in my entire life. Just impossible to understand.

Having said that, I tried going through the texts that are now at the forefront. While it's obvious AB is a deadbeat and a terrible person, am I missing something with these texts? I don't see anything in there that is a threat or "intimidating".

It was the inclusion of the picture of the woman's kids for no apparent reason. That's what she's taking as the threat. But you're correct in that his words texted to her were mainly just him calling her out for wanting 15 minutes of fame by leaking that story.

Reactions: Alicat

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I can see that. But at the same time, with no worded threat accompanying the picture...probably just batshit crazy AB being batshit crazy rather than threatening her. Imagine being this guy's lawyer.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I can see that. But at the same time, with no worded threat accompanying the picture...probably just bat**** crazy AB being bat**** crazy rather than threatening her. Imagine being this guy's lawyer.

Unfortunately, we live in a time that is completely cancel culture. If you disagree/are offended by someone or something they said, just raise a stink about it until that person is fired and removed from their job. It's the weakest form of society, IMO. We as rational people should be able to get along with and accept people with different views and opinions, but we don't. It's literally intolerance because people are unwilling to accept differences.

You throw a healthy dose of crazy on top of the intolerance and you get this situation.

TrashPanda

Feb 24, 2019
Unfortunately, we live in a time that is completely cancel culture. If you disagree/are offended by someone or something they said, just raise a stink about it until that person is fired and removed from their job. It's the weakest form of society, IMO. We as rational people should be able to get along with and accept people with different views and opinions, but we don't. It's literally intolerance because people are unwilling to accept differences.

You throw a healthy dose of crazy on top of the intolerance and you get this situation.

Intolerance because people are unwilling to accept differences is literally a story as old as people. Lest we believe segregation was a new phenomenon.

I’m very okay with being unwilling to accept people’s garbage opinions or not taking two seconds to think about how this comment I’m about to make might make someone else feel.

At the end of the day, don’t be an asshole, but if you choose to be an asshole I’m happy to see you (not you Lonnie) buried for it.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Why would he even text her period with what's been going on? AB is deranged, and to have a group text with it? Talk about a d bag. He has a lower IQ than a bag of rocks.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Becoming quite clear that the least favourite fanbase of the Boston media is Patriot fans. Lots of deep seeded anger there. They are using the AB situation to show their disdain

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Lmao, nfl.com always have blurbs for each game under the links to their gamecenter sites. The one for the Lions vs Eagles has ”Lions undefeated through two games for the first time since 2017”... meaning it’s been one whole season since they achieved this? :laugh:

The other games have decent if uninspired ones, there should at least be something more interesting/unique to highlight than that!

Don’t the patriots always seem to have something going on though?

Yup, winning

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Lmao, nfl.com always have blurbs for each game under the links to their gamecenter sites. The one for the Lions vs Eagles has ”Lions undefeated through two games for the first time since 2017”... meaning it’s been one whole season since they achieved this? :laugh:

The other games have decent if uninspired ones, there should at least be something more interesting/unique to highlight than that!

Yup, winning

Meant off the field...went from edlemans Suspension to Gordon signing and suspension, to SB, to Gronk retiring to Krafts soliciting sexual favors, to signing trash after quitting on two teams..maybe the media there has reason? Dunno, I don’t care or read them.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Intolerance because people are unwilling to accept differences is literally a story as old as people. Lest we believe segregation was a new phenomenon.

I’m very okay with being unwilling to accept people’s garbage opinions or not taking two seconds to think about how this comment I’m about to make might make someone else feel.

At the end of the day, don’t be an *******, but if you choose to be an ******* I’m happy to see you (not you Lonnie) buried for it.

But what happens when the arbiters of what constitutes a "garbage opinion" are the actual intolerant assholes?

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Meant off the field...went from edlemans Suspension to Gordon signing and suspension, to SB, to Gronk retiring to Krafts soliciting sexual favors, to signing trash after quitting on two teams..maybe the media there has reason? Dunno, I don’t care or read them.

Seriously.........ignoring all the player stuff for a second......just imagine if John Henry was caught in a Florida strip mall massage parlor getting a handy. The local media would have a field day.......unless of course you worked for the Globe, I guess. Then it would really suck to not be able to report a thing about it.

Reactions: LouJersey

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The real takeaway from all this is that Brown was actually too stupid for Florida State. Let that sink in. FSU turned down a supremely talented football player because he wasn't smart enough.

Jameis Winston was smart enough for Florida state. Says It all lol

Reactions: LSCII

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’ve been able to ignore everything so when a coworker asked me about something apparently going on with texts or something and I didn’t know who or what he just walked away

I’m assuming Brown or Brady with deflategate but not sure

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He’s totally an asshole but if the league didn’t suspend Tyreek I don’t think they’ll be able to justify suspending AB unless the lady comes forward with a smoking gun

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Becoming quite clear that the least favourite fanbase of the Boston media is Patriot fans. Lots of deep seeded anger there. They are using the AB situation to show their disdain
The reason is because these Patriots "fans" are far too entitled. All they know is winning. They expect to win and don't care how they do it. When anything threatens to derail their expectations, we get exactly what is going on right now.

It is obnoxious especially to most of the media who remember the dark times in Boston sports.

Sure I want the Pats to win but I do not want them to do so at any cost that would cause harm to anyone

Reactions: Seidenbergy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad