Pre-Game Talk: WEEK 27: Missing Moose, vs. Stars, vs. Green Filth, vs. 'Peg

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
These 3 day breaks are killing me. Too long between games and we have another one next week 🤬

Though it's better than the wait we'll have after losing in the first round I guess
Exactly. What am I supposed to do with my time? Finish all the tasks around the house I avoid until I have nothing else to do? Boring

• Love
Reactions: The Moops

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
lsXqIPs.jpeg

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Glad Bednar finally saw the light.

Teams trying to come up with a gameplan to stop the Halifax boys on one line and the leagues best second line:

View attachment 850592

Not to be a Debbie Downer but unless Nuke has gotten his legs back (he still doesn't look right after returning from injury) then that 2nd line is a huge question mark, especially since the other winger on it has also now missed some time.

Bednar REFUSES to put Parise on the 4th line where he belongs...frankly once Wood gets healthy I'd put him in the press box.

• Wow
Reactions: Balthazar

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Not to be a Debbie Downer but unless Nuke has gotten his legs back (he still doesn't look right after returning from injury) then that 2nd line is a huge question mark, especially since the other winger on it has also now missed some time.

Bednar REFUSES to put Parise on the 4th line where he belongs...frankly once Wood gets healthy I'd put him in the press box.

You’re talking about a 100 point winger, one of the best two way forwards in the game, and a real solid 2C. I have a hard time seeing it not working if Bednar gives it a chance.

On paper it’s one of, if not the best second line in the league.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Bednar REFUSES to put Parise on the 4th line where he belongs.
Parise would be useless there. What he is supposed to do on a 4th line? Score goals with the help of Kivi and Cogs? Play a high energy game? Be physical?

He has no business on the 4th line.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Parise would be useless there. What he is supposed to do on a 4th line? Score goals with the help of Kivi and Cogs? Play a high energy game? Be physical?

He has no business on the 4th line.
Yes, play with energy, forecheck, maybe get the occasional goal. He’d probably do better with Cogs/Kivi since both of them I’d argue are better defensively than Wood/Colton

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yes, play with energy, forecheck, maybe get the occasional goal. He’d probably do better with Cogs/Kivi since both of them I’d argue are better defensively than Wood/Colton
He's not that guy though, which is why it doesn't work with Wood and Colton.

He's a finesse, 39 yo player. Best hockey he has played this year was on the 2nd line.

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
Same. It’s taken a long time to get this far in the Landy collection (12 years). Still have to put kits on the other 2 Reeboks (and swap the nameplate on the signed one) hopefully before he returns but if he reappears faster than I get that done I’d be pleased

View attachment 850748
Sick, Landy is my favorite Avs player during this era of Avs hockey.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He's not that guy though, which is why it doesn't work with Wood and Colton.

He's a finesse, 39 yo player. Best hockey he has played this year was on the 2nd line.
He can’t play on the 2nd or 3rd lines though. Maybe he could early on but either the legs just went or the injury is hampering him. And he’s not a finesse guy anymore, he’s a scrapper. If he can’t even do that then he needs to be off the active roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad