Pre-Game Talk: WEEK 27: Missing Moose, vs. Stars, vs. Green Filth, vs. 'Peg

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
A bit surprised to see Wagner called up since Kiviranta is available, but maybe Bednar is looking at giving Cogs and/or Parise a rest before the playoffs.

Reactions: The Moops

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

This makes me hopeful that it's not concussion related. Hopefully it's just like a tweaked shoulder or something.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
How injured do you have to be to not be allowed to fly home with the team under the care of licensed medical provider? Or does the team doctor not travel with?

Regardless, they must have been thinking the absolute worst case (death) to think that anyone would spend any extra night willingly in Edmonton.
Sometimes if guys are concussed pretty badly they won't travel with the team as it could aggrevate symptoms.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Sometimes if guys are concussed pretty badly they won't travel with the team as it could aggrevate symptoms.
I wonder what that's all about, maybe the change in altitude causes enough pressure change on the brain to exacerbate symptoms?

Anyways, I'm glad the Moose is home. I know I've been harder on the big guy this season than in the past but that doesn't change how much I love the guy or want to see him succeed. Really hope that this one clears up for him quickly and that he doesn't suffer any lingering symptoms. Gotta be absolutely 100% sure before you let him take any more contact.

I think the Avs may coddle player over their injuries sometimes. Our guys always seem to take longer than expected to return. But this isn't a sprained wrist and as much as we've learned about the human brain, the biggest thing we've learned is how little we actually know about it.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Wagner is the new Megna:

1712500805055.gif

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
No need for JJ/Pairse/Cogliano to play all of the final games. Give Kiviranta/Kovalenko/Jones some reps.

Hopefully Kovalenko can be the antidote to that ailing 3rd line. Either way, Bedsy needs to shake-up Wood - Colton - Parise even if it means Zach sees a game or 2 in the top 6
This team needs to find rhythm. Sitting guys ain’t gonna help. JMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad