Pre-Game Talk: WEEK 27: Missing Moose, vs. Stars, vs. Green Filth, vs. 'Peg

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
The Kovalenko thing is really perplexing to me. It was not long ago that Bednar said he was really excited to see him and work him into the lineup. Now he seems surprised when asked about him and says he’s an Eagle.

It’s just weird how sudden this shift happened. It could just be because he’s in a bad mood. That’s about as upset as you’ll see Bednar for a pre-game interview.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
As long as all this injuries are day to day, it’ll be fine. Teams rest players this time of year anyway before the playoffs start.

Reactions: katfude

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That seemed like same old Bednar to me. Maybe a little short with some answers but nothing really out of the ordinary.

As for Kovalenko, he's being asked about a player who has never played in the NHL and showed up injured. I doubt he's thinking of him at all as he tries to get his team ready for the playoffs.

Reactions: dahrougem2

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
The Kovalenko thing is really perplexing to me. It was not long ago that Bednar said he was really excited to see him and work him into the lineup. Now he seems surprised when asked about him and says he’s an Eagle.

It’s just weird how sudden this shift happened. It could just be because he’s in a bad mood. That’s about as upset as you’ll see Bednar for a pre-game interview.
Kovalenko was skating with Nuke the other day and the Eagles are on a road trip.

Reactions: NorthernAvsFan

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
This has to be a joke, right? Georgiev has played way too much this season and I cant see any upside on starting him this much. Let him rest and MAYBE he can perform better. This 60+ games on a regular season thing is clearly not working for him this season.
He sucks ass break or not. He literally has a week off before playing in Edmonton and he laid an egg.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
This has to be a joke, right? Georgiev has played way too much this season and I cant see any upside on starting him this much. Let him rest and MAYBE he can perform better. This 60+ games on a regular season thing is clearly not working for him this season.
Just speculating here, but I think the reason for going back to him again is to keep trying to get his confidence back before the playoffs. Benching him for Annunen in a key game like this won't help his mental game recover. Even with as good as Justus has been playing, he's still very untested, I think Bednar is going to try everything he can to get Georgiev ready until he has no choice but to make the switch.

I don't think the Avs are planning to push for winning the division this year the way they did last year. It did them no favors in the end. Burning a few games and finishing ahead of Winnipeg for the chance to see if George can cut it is probably a chance they're willing to take.

If he can string together a few good performances in a row and feel good for game 1, good. If not, maybe they gamble on Annunen at some point. But I can see why he's willing to gamble on the chance to rehabilitate his starter.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Bednar should be fired on the spot if George starts tonight. It's the absolute wrong call and sends a shit ass message to the rest of the team that performance and effort doesn't matter. George straight quit the other night and has been utter garbage all season. We win despite him more often than not. Annunen deserves and has earned shots at meaningful starts by stringing together quality outings and putting in the effort that is required to win professional hockey games.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Bednar should be fired on the spot if George starts tonight. It's the absolute wrong call and sends a shit ass message to the rest of the team that performance and effort doesn't matter. George straight quit the other night and has been utter garbage all season. We win despite him more often than not. Annunen deserves and has earned shots at meaningful starts by stringing together quality outings and putting in the effort that is required to win professional hockey games.
They do have to give this starts to Georgiev to see if he can actually play better and be the goalie for the playoff run. With only 5 games to go, they need to know who’s starting the playoffs.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
With 5 games to go, I don’t think they could make the final decision giving the starter job to Annunen right now. Georgiev is probably gonna start 3 or 4 of the last 5 games and needs to get his shit together.

Even if Georgiev keeps playing badly rest of the regular season, i have the feeling he’s still gonna start the playoffs, then if he’s still bad in the 1st game, that’s when they might give the net to Justus rest of the way.

Just to clarify, this is not what I want, I just think that’s what the Avs are thinking. I’d give the net to Annunen right now

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
With 5 games to go, I don’t think they could make the final decision giving the starter job to Annunen right now. Georgiev is probably gonna start 3 or 4 of the last 5 games and needs to get his shit together.

Even if Georgiev keeps playing badly rest of the regular season, i have the feeling he’s still gonna start the playoffs, then if he’s still bad in the 1st game, that’s when they might give the net to Justus rest of the way.

Just to clarify, this is not what I want, I just think that’s what the Avs are thinking. I’d give the net to Annunen right now
Alright… who is going to say some racist stuff in the locker room to get George to fight them and get George suspended?

• Haha

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

I wonder.... what if Georgiev's mental condition is that he already has his shit together and it's the guys in front of him's fault?

Not that much of a stretch to wonder about that?

Reactions: niwotsblessing

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

IMG_0522.gif

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Finns are too happy.
I know, I just picked Kiviranta because if he’s gonna fight Georgiev and they both get suspended, at least it’s not one of the regulars. We can survive without Kivi

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I wonder.... what if Georgiev's mental condition is that he already has his shit together and it's the guys in front of him's fault?

Not that much of a stretch to wonder about that?
It’s easier to replace Georgiev than the 18 skaters out there so…

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I know, I just picked Kiviranta because if he’s gonna fight Georgiev and they both get suspended, at least it’s not one of the regulars. We can survive without Kivi
But we know despite their black metal leanings that Finns are just happy people that like to take pictures in snowy woods. George would see through it. We need Wagner to pretend he’s a Southie.

Reactions: the_fan

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
But we know despite their black metal leanings that Finns are just happy people that like to take pictures in snowy woods. George would see through it. We need Wagner to pretend he’s a Southie.
Is Mikko an exception? He often seems angry and moody, cursing at refs and Ismo…

He’s not your typical happy Finn

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad