Pre-Game Talk: WEEK 25: A Week at Home. vs. Pitt, vs. Habs, vs. Rags, vs. Preds

Arch angel

Nov 24, 2023
Montana
I want to see them pulverize the Preds. Is nuke in?
Out. That said - if this team ( or any team) wants to get far in the playoffs they’ll have to find a way without some key players. With Nuke out this is a good test. NYR game was another good test And was very close. I’d bet if we played them 7 times with same individuals we would win 4. Imho.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Mack can start a new home scoring streak in the playoffs. Score in every home game all the way to cup win!!!

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Out. That said - if this team ( or any team) wants to get far in the playoffs they’ll have to find a way without some key players. With Nuke out this is a good test. NYR game was another good test And was very close. I’d bet if we played them 7 times with same individuals we would win 4. Imho.
Yeah that NYR game was encouraging considering we didn't have Nuke and the Avs usually don't do well without him. They control that game overall by quite a bit.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Georgiev's about to lose the starting job again after being handed a golden opportunity getting traded to the Avs. What a pouting loser. Still think you have to use the rest of the regular season to try and get him on track. He give us our best shot.

As for Annunen, amazing what one year of development can do for a goalie. He looks so much more fluid and bigger in net compared to last year. He actually moves very well for a big guy, he just looks relatively slow because his movements are more about precision and being compact. I really hope that he could be our goalie of the future. There was a reason management deemed him untouchable, I'm sure they're very happy with what hes's producing so far. He has all the physical and raw talent you would want in a goalie.

Last edited:

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Georgiev about to lose the starting job again after being handed a golden opportunity getting traded to the Avs. What a pouting loser.

As for Annunen, amazing what one year of development can do for a goalie. He looks so much more fluid and bigger in net compared to last year. He actually moves very well for a big guy he just looks relatively slow because his movements are more about precision and being compact. I really hope that he could be our goalie of the future. There was a reason management deemed him untouchable, I'm sure they see something in him. He has all the physical and raw talent you need.
Calling one of your guys you suppose to cheer for a loser, makes you a loser. Or a bad fan at least. Just saying ...

200w.gif

Reactions: LOFIN

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Calling one of your guys you suppose to cheer for a loser, makes you a loser. Or a bad fan at least. Just saying ...

200w.gif

So when Ryjo was on the team was I suppose to root for him as well? No I'm good. I meant what I said with Georgiev. He got his wish with the trade to the Avs. A golden opportunity any goalie in this league would want. Was great last year but has been giving us uninspiring play all year along with random odd tantrums. He doesn't have a veteran backup pressuring/challenging him for the starter job but just a big cheeked rookie. It is and should be his net. Once playoffs hit the pressures going to be on, this is the best team we've had since the 2022 run so the expectations are set. A couple weak games and he may not be on this team come next year.

As I said we need him to get on track to give us the best shot to win so I'm hoping he turns it around. But the clocks ticking...

Last edited:

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I’m ok with giving the night off to Colton and walker provided they aren’t to hurt

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Even if they're a little dinged up, it's Columbus. Put Jones and Wagner in the lineup and rest Colton and Walker.
I'm glad Wagner got recalled. Prefer a natural C there even if he's a slight downgrade overall. If Trenin wasn't forced to play C I'm curious who Bednar would favour between him and Duhaime - obviously he likes Duhaime quite a bit

Trenin - Colton - Parise
Wood - Wagner - Duhaime

Or

Wood - Colton - Trenin
Parise - Wagner - Duhaime

Or

Trenin - Colton - Duhaime
Wood - Wagner - Parise

Then there's obvious Cogs and Kovalenko to consider.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm glad Wagner got recalled. Prefer a natural C there even if he's a slight downgrade overall. If Trenin wasn't forced to play C I'm curious who Bednar would favour between him and Duhaime - obviously he likes Duhaime quite a bit

Trenin - Colton - Parise
Wood - Wagner - Duhaime

Or

Wood - Colton - Trenin
Parise - Wagner - Duhaime

Or

Trenin - Colton - Duhaime
Wood - Wagner - Parise

Then there's obvious Cogs and Kovalenko to consider.
I think he likes Duhaime to an extent. We've seen Duhaime play on the "2nd line" and still play under 10 minutes.

I wouldn't be upset if Parise sat all week to rest his knee.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
To my chagrin I think Trenin is glued to the 4C position, I don't think they got him with any other intention - all of the other options are a downgrade. Unfortunately, I do think we are leaving something on the table with him stuck there.. glad he broke through last game. I really think he's going to have a couple of big moments in the POs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad