Pre-Game Talk: WEEK 23: Post Trade Deadline. New Players, New Team, And A 3 Game Canadian Roadie. @Flamers, @Van, and @McJesus

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Couldn’t get seats for this one. Well, at least not reasonable priced ones as it’s around $400 for each seat. The Kraken game cost me $450 total for two seats in row 8.

How about you guys @The Kingslayer @dahrougem2?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Kivi: "Not Mikko"

Mikko names all the Fins

Mack: "Gabriel" (gives thumbs up)

No one said Cale or Toewser

Annunen looks like a f***ing Michelin man lol

Couldn’t get seats for this one. Well, at least not reasonable priced ones as it’s around $400 for each seat. The Kraken game cost me $450 total for two seats in row 8.

I had tickets from a long time ago but due to personal beliefs and some public statements about wordly events the Oilers have made, I sold them and refuse to give them any of my money.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

My tickets for next weekend in Denver were huge differences too.

One Penguins ticket was the price of both Blue Jackets tickets.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

I will be 15 rows behind the Avs bench. Not sure how much my boss paid but im sure its alot.

Makar is a beautiful skater. Bouchard has a canon for a shot
Makar used to be a beautiful skater now hes a scared hockey player. Connor Brown going to put him in a pretzel if he plays.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
The last six/seven games of the schedule are really tough, but they have a stretch for about 6 straight right now where they need to put in work.

Outside the NYR game, these are teams they need to pick up points against. A lot of them are home games too, so they got to take advantage.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The last six/seven games of the schedule are really tough, but they have a stretch for about 6 straight right now where they need to put in work.

Outside the NYR game, these are teams they need to pick up points against. A lot of them are home games too, so they got to take advantage.
Yeah here through the 4th isn't bad at all. From there only one game isn't a grind (Minny). With how things sit though, Vegas is probably the team I'd least like to face in the first round. Winning the Central may not be ideal.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Yeah here through the 4th isn't bad at all. From there only one game isn't a grind (Minny). With how things sit though, Vegas is probably the team I'd least like to face in the first round. Winning the Central may not be ideal.

Every team is tough in the playoffs.

Even Nashville could be annoying with ROR and Josi if Saros is on his game.

Getting home ice would be great for Colorado, regardless of matchup.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Part of me wouldn’t hate Vegas first round. Would be facing them at our healthiest(lol) and would hopefully get the hardest team out of the way in the 1st round. Obviously a fair amount of risk there though.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Every team is tough in the playoffs.

Even Nashville could be annoying with ROR and Josi if Saros is on his game.

Getting home ice would be great for Colorado, regardless of matchup.
Agree. The way I see it is if we can't beat Vegas and avenge our loss against them a few years back then we don't deserve to win the Cup. One thing is sure though...we are dominant at home and much better than on the road so let's secure home ice for as many rounds as we can to put better odds on our side. We are going to have to go through 3 very good teams regardless on our way to the SC finals so bring on any of them. I prefer to play Vegas when we should be healthier than further down the playoffs when some guys are out of the lineup due to injuries or playing injured.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
It is going to be what it is going to be either way. Just given a choice of Dallas, Winnipeg, Nashville or Vegas... I think that answer is very clear.
Since we all know the key to a Stanley Cup Championship is a well balanced diet, we might as well start eating ass right away.

Boys just need to keep getting hungrier with each game. It's time to embrace the grind and relish in it. Hell, you can even ketchup in it if you're a Finn. The only thing that scares me is Rants and MacK getting inside their own heads if they get goalied for a couple/three periods in a row. They can be their own worst enemies.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Part of me wouldn’t hate Vegas first round. Would be facing them at our healthiest(lol) and would hopefully get the hardest team out of the way in the 1st round. Obviously a fair amount of risk there though.
The way Avs built since the trade deadline, there is no match up scares me as long as we’re healthy. We outmatch any team top to bottom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad