NFL GDT: Week 2

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The worst part about this is Gase having a built-in excuse when the season craters.

f***ing Jets. Unbelievable.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Patriots actually have a higher win pct outside there division
Sure, but the point is, they'll never have what is considered a difficult schedule because 6 of their games are against teams that really aren't challenging for the playoffs.

Edit: Their win % is better against AFC East since 2001. No one is saying they are lucky, but they are guaranteed a lighter schedule because they play in a crap division. Seattle had the same benefit for a little bit while they were good and 49ers, Rams, and Cards all sucked.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pa...atriots-dominance-over-teams-outside-afc-east

Reactions: Blitzkrug

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Sure, but the point is, they'll never have what is considered a difficult schedule because 6 of their games are against teams that really aren't challenging for the playoffs.

Edit: Their win % is better against AFC East since 2001. No one is saying they are lucky, but they are guaranteed a lighter schedule because they play in a crap division. Seattle had the same benefit for a little bit while they were good and 49ers, Rams, and Cards all sucked.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pa...atriots-dominance-over-teams-outside-afc-east

This is exactly it. Their SOS is dragged down a lot by the fact they play what are essentially three perpetual trash cans.

They're at minimum assured 5 wins a year because of a lousy AFC East.

I enjoy the fact the Dolphins somehow put it together once a year to troll them in Miami, but otherwise their divisional schedule is a cake walk.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Nah, Jameis will come out and have himself a game after i picked the Panthers in survivor.

...Then he'll go back to being the ****y Jameis the following week.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This is exactly it. Their SOS is dragged down a lot by the fact they play what are essentially three perpetual trash cans.

They're at minimum assured 5 wins a year because of a lousy AFC East.

I enjoy the fact the Dolphins somehow put it together once a year to troll them in Miami, but otherwise their divisional schedule is a cake walk.

Still gotta give them credit for staying a top level for all these years with constant change among players and coaches except for Tom and Bill. They just tend to have easier schedules, but it's also not a conspiracy by the NFL to keep them winning, it's just how scheduling is handled.

Now in that same article I posted, they also list their ridiculous win % against eventual division winners.

Reactions: Blitzkrug

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I always love how his teammates reaction to that. None of them got hyped lol.

The best part of that clip is watching some of the individual reactions as he goes on.

Chris Godwin (#11) looks like, as a youtube comment points out already looks like he's thinking "this about to be some nonsense, isn't it?" before Jameis even goes off

DeSean Jackson looks like he'd rather be literally anywhere else but standing there at that moment.

#69 is just looks like he's thinking "dude, what?"

To think this will likely be his legacy. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad