NCAA GDT: Week 2: Showdown in the Shoe'

Sep 19, 2008
Urban's tenure at OSU is starting to mirror Tressel's. They're pretenders right now.

Ever since Devin Smith left after the 2014 season the passing game has slowly gotten worse over the past 3 seasons. Then the next season after Mike Thomas left the regression sped up. You can keep bringing in all these 4 and 5 star guys but if the WR coach can't develop any of them, you're SOL and in the situation you're in now. Then you have Barrett who arm punts a pass if it's longer than 20 yards now compared to his 1st season where after the Va Tech he took off passing and running. Now? He's essentially an H-Back who will occasionally throw the ball. Martell should start getting some serious looks like back in 08 with Boeckman/Pryor.

Without Urban Ohio State would be dead.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Losing by two scores at home is bad but I don't think they'll drop out of the top 10 when they lost to another top 5 team. This isn't like them losing to a very mediocre Va Tech team a few years ago. I think they'll be around 8 or 9. Pollsters don't typically punish a team severely if they go out and schedule a tough OOC opponent.

And they didn't.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Sorry if it has already been discussed, but did anyone else see that Baylor got upset at home again, this time to UT-San Antonio? That program is very quickly turning into the dumpster fire it was before RG3. I wouldn't be surprised if they go winless this season.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Sorry if it has already been discussed, but did anyone else see that Baylor got upset at home again, this time to UT-San Antonio? That program is very quickly turning into the dumpster fire it was before RG3. I wouldn't be surprised if they go winless this season.

College Gameday for Baylor vs. Kansas please

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I made a post that Baylor was about to lose. But it wasn't on tv, so I didn't watch. Not that I would have if it was, but still.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Matt Rhule seems like a dude who left his loyal, loving wife for a much hotter and younger chick - who ends up poisoning his dog and burning down his house.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

They had to clear out the dumpster fire that it was almost literally with all the scandals going on. I'm pulling for Matt Rhule to fix it, but he's in a bad situation and is going to be seen as an outsider when he goes on recruiting trips.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Face it, there's a new sheriff in town and his name is James Franklin. We are. My only complaint from yesterday is that we didn't hang 50 on those losers yesterday, but we have bigger fish to fry.

Your reply literally had nothing to do with what I said.

have they actually been recruiting HS WRs or do they just try to get the best HS athlete and put them at WR?

I put most of the blame on the coaching. They haven't been able to replace Devin Smith since he left and it's killing their ability to stretch the field. Same with Mike Thomas, no one who can replace him. They recruit the same type of WR's who are all 4* and 5* but once they get to OSU now their development just quits. Having Barrett at QB doesn't help either. I remember as far as I can (2000 or so), OSU has always had 1 or 2 WR's you could always rely on. Boston, M. Jenkins, Holmes, Ginn, Gonzales, Hartline, and Posey we're all that guy. No one has really stepped up in the past 2 years since Smith/Thomas.

tOSU has never replaced Herman. It shows in the playcalling. No rhythm.

Even when Herman was OC in the games they lost, Urban overrides the play if he sees fit. Eleven Warrior's posted an article talking about the discrepancy between the amount of Qb and RB carries and in the games they've lost since Urban has been in town.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...unning-team-continues-to-ignore-its-tailbacks

-Oklahoma: 17 qb, 15 rb
-Clemson: 11 , 11
-Penn State: 23 , 17
-MSU: 15, 14
-Va Tech: 24, 15
-Clemson (13): 30 , 18
-MSU (13): 21 , 19

So with the like of Hyde, Elliott, Weber, and Dobbins in the backfield, Urban would prefer Miller or Barrett to handle the load instead.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
They had to clear out the dumpster fire that it was almost literally with all the scandals going on. I'm pulling for Matt Rhule to fix it, but he's in a bad situation and is going to be seen as an outsider when he goes on recruiting trips.

Especially since he's replacing Briles who was highly respected in Texas. Not so much anymore obviously.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
49 States that are not Ohio thank Baker Mayfield for his flag plant

And now they're all upset someone in the OU administration made him apologize for it.

Big emotional win against a #2 ranked team that "embarrassed" him and his team on his own field only a year ago, and he played a phenomenal game. OU doesn't have on Ohio State scheduled for the foreseeable future and did it really hurt anybody besides their feelings? It may have been in poor taste, but he did it in the heat of the moment, no need apologize for it.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
And now they're all upset someone in the OU administration made him apologize for it.

Big emotional win against a #2 ranked team that "embarrassed" him and his team on his own field only a year ago, and he played a phenomenal game. OU doesn't have on Ohio State scheduled for the foreseeable future and did it really hurt anybody besides their feelings? It may have been in poor taste, but he did it in the heat of the moment, no need apologize for it.

I'm just glad he waited until OSU was off the field, no need for a repeat of when Wisconsin did it and started a brawl.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Your reply literally had nothing to do with what I said.
Yes it did. You said Urban was a pretender and I said there's a new sheriff in town (Coach Franklin) who is honestly kinda flying under the radar with all the infinite Urban and Hairball love from media and know-nothings.

Wait til he beats OSU again. That team really doesn't scare me, even on the road. Not sure how they'll stop Barkley/Gesicki.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
DJk2HcMV4AAupSY.jpg

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Yes it did. You said Urban was a pretender and I said there's a new sheriff in town (Coach Franklin) who is honestly kinda flying under the radar with all the infinite Urban and Hairball love from media and know-nothings.

Wait til he beats OSU again. That team really doesn't scare me, even on the road. Not sure how they'll stop Barkley/Gesicki.

My post was talking about the parallels between Meyer and Tressell. Not ****ing James Franklin.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Even when Herman was OC in the games they lost, Urban overrides the play if he sees fit. Eleven Warrior's posted an article talking about the discrepancy between the amount of Qb and RB carries and in the games they've lost since Urban has been in town.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...unning-team-continues-to-ignore-its-tailbacks

-Oklahoma: 17 qb, 15 rb
-Clemson: 11 , 11
-Penn State: 23 , 17
-MSU: 15, 14
-Va Tech: 24, 15
-Clemson (13): 30 , 18
-MSU (13): 21 , 19

So with the like of Hyde, Elliott, Weber, and Dobbins in the backfield, Urban would prefer Miller or Barrett to handle the load instead.

He wasn't able to recruit the same caliber of backs at UF for whatever reason but that looks pretty similar to how he would use Tebow in close games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad