NCAA GDT: Week 2: Showdown in the Shoe'

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Does Ohio State fall out of the Top 10? Have to imagine they do if Florida State fell 7 spots after losing to Alabama. Not to mention the Buckeyes were at home.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Does Ohio State fall out of the Top 10? Have to imagine they do if Florida State fell 7 spots after losing to Alabama. Not to mention the Buckeyes were at home.

I wouldn't think so. FSU also lost their starting QB, which probably knocked them down a few spots. I'm thinking the Buckeyes drop to around 7th or so.

And there hasn't been a College Gameday announcement yet. I would think they'd go to Louisville for their game against Clemson. I think it would be pretty cool if they went to Houston.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I wouldn't think so. FSU also lost their starting QB, which probably knocked them down a few spots. I'm thinking the Buckeyes drop to around 7th or so.

And there hasn't been a College Gameday announcement yet. I would think they'd go to Louisville for their game against Clemson. I think it would be pretty cool if they went to Houston.

7. How? They didn't look good at all really. Got beat pretty solidly. And now have a loss. At best they go 10 if the voters are logical. Just take fsus spot but id put Oklahoma state ahead of them as well

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Urban's tenure at OSU is starting to mirror Tressel's. They're pretenders right now.

Ever since Devin Smith left after the 2014 season the passing game has slowly gotten worse over the past 3 seasons. Then the next season after Mike Thomas left the regression sped up. You can keep bringing in all these 4 and 5 star guys but if the WR coach can't develop any of them, you're SOL and in the situation you're in now. Then you have Barrett who arm punts a pass if it's longer than 20 yards now compared to his 1st season where after the Va Tech he took off passing and running. Now? He's essentially an H-Back who will occasionally throw the ball. Martell should start getting some serious looks like back in 08 with Boeckman/Pryor.

Last edited:

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Urban's tenure at OSU is starting to mirror Tressel's. They're pretenders right now.

Ever since Devin Smith left after the 2014 season the passing game has slowly gotten worse over the past 3 seasons. Then the next season after Mike Thomas left the regression sped up. You can keep bringing in all these 4 and 5 star guys but if the WR coach can't develop any of them, you're SOL and in the situation you're in now. Then you have Barrett who arm punts a pass if it's longer than 20 yards now compared to his 1st season where after the Va Tech he took off passing and running. Now? He's essentially an H-Back who will occasionally throw the ball. Martell should start getting some serious looks like back in 08 with Boeckman/Pryor.
Face it, there's a new sheriff in town and his name is James Franklin. We are. My only complaint from yesterday is that we didn't hang 50 on those losers yesterday, but we have bigger fish to fry.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York

have they actually been recruiting HS WRs or do they just try to get the best HS athlete and put them at WR?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
7. How? They didn't look good at all really. Got beat pretty solidly. And now have a loss. At best they go 10 if the voters are logical. Just take fsus spot but id put Oklahoma state ahead of them as well

I'm not saying that is where I would put them, but that is where I think they will be ranked. The polls are generally wacky at this time of year.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site

Losing by two scores at home is bad but I don't think they'll drop out of the top 10 when they lost to another top 5 team. This isn't like them losing to a very mediocre Va Tech team a few years ago. I think they'll be around 8 or 9. Pollsters don't typically punish a team severely if they go out and schedule a tough OOC opponent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad