NCAA GDT: Week 2: Lets Go Racing

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
One wonders what would have happened if Les Miles made the much-needed QB change at halftime last week. Etling is not great but he can move the chains and won't kill you by missing easy throws.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I go watch the Chocolatito fight (AMAZING fight, BTW) and I come back to the UT game and I see that Virginia Tech is pulling a Virginia Tech and giving the game away due to turnovers. Figured UT would somehow try to find a way to let VT back into the game.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The mental fragility shown after the first fumble is quite concerning. Up 14-0 and completely blew it up.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Thinking about the CMU/OSU game a little more, I'm wondering if the incorrect ruling wasn't actually more in the spirit of rule then the rule's actual language.

The intent of the rule seems to be that the team in possession of the ball shouldn't benefit from getting an extra play if they commit a penalty that includes loss of down.

In this situation though the team in possession does not benefit--the benefit goes to the team that did not commit a penalty. The rule doesn't seem to consider the situation that the loss of down could create a change of possession.

I could actually see a good argument that the rule should be changed to give CMU the play with no time remaining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad