NFL GDT: Week 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Carr is already a top 10 QB despite just being in his 2nd year. There's no reason why he shouldn't be able to take the next step and establish himself as a top 5 QB in the next year or two.

There is no way Carr is a top 10 qb, and I've watched at least part of every Raiders game this season. He does a good job running the offense but even with good pass protection he makes too many mistakes and is quite inaccurate on passes over 20 yards.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
There is no way Carr is a top 10 qb, and I've watched at least part of every Raiders game this season. He does a good job running the offense but even with good pass protection he makes too many mistakes and is quite inaccurate on passes over 20 yards.

Who are for sure the ten QB's better then him this season?

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Who are for sure the ten QB's better then him this season?

QBs easily better than Carr:

Palmer
Roethlisberger
Brees
Rodgers
Newton
Wilson
Romo
Eli Manning
Rivers

QBs likely better:
Cutler
Brady
Ryan

That's 12, and I'm not including guys just because they are having good seasons. Carr is probably in a jumble of guys after those 12.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
QBs easily better than Carr:

Palmer
Roethlisberger
Brees
Rodgers
Newton
Wilson
Romo
Eli Manning
Rivers

QBs likely better:
Cutler
Brady
Ryan

That's 12, and I'm not including guys just because they are having good seasons. Carr is probably in a jumble of guys after those 12.

Wait Eli is for sure better than Carr but Brady is "likely" better?

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Wait Eli is for sure better than Carr but Brady is "likely" better?

Because Brady has never been that good and the system he plays in requires little ability from a qb aside from throwing to a spot. See: Matt Cassell in 2008 vs. the rest of his career

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Because Brady has never been that good and the system he plays in requires little ability from a qb aside from throwing to a spot. See: Matt Cassell in 2008 vs. the rest of his career

Ah yes, the system argument again. -_-

Also how is ****ing Cutler better than Carr?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Eli is ahead of Carr because of the resume, i assume.

I thought about it, and i guess Carr really may be top 10. The guys i would put ahead of him

Brady
Rodgers
Brees
Rivers
Wilson
Romo
Roethlisberger
Newton
Luck
Palmer (though i have a tough time with this since Palmer was ass outside of Arizona, but has obviously been dynamite there.)

I suppose you COULD put Eli in the top 10 since he's been around longer, but i think the argument of Carr being top 10 is not at all far-fetched. He's easily better than the Tannehills, Ryans and Flaccos of the world and he's far better than low end QB's like Smith and Cutler.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I feel it should be a safety if the receiving team touches the ball and it rolls into the end-zone afterwards.

agreed.

I'm hoping Philly wins, leaves the division up in the air longer, also gives us the possibility that OBJ's getting himself suspended may caused NYG to miss the playoffs

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You know that streak that Drew Brees had where he had thrown a TD in each game? He was going for it a second time until the Saints ran into the Texans.

Yeah, Kirk Cousins is now the active leader.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
You know that streak that Drew Brees had where he had thrown a TD in each game? He was going for it a second time until the Saints ran into the Texans.

Yeah, Kirk Cousins is now the active leader.

The 2012 QB draft class has gotten a huge boost this season with the emergence of both Brock Osweiler and Kirk Cousins. Of course, RG III is unlikely to ever get back to his old form.

The list of QBs drafted in 2012:

Andrew Luck (1)
Robert Griffin III (2)
Ryan Tannehill (8)
Brandon Weeden (22)
Brock Osweiler (57)
Russell Wilson (75)
Nick Foles (88)
Kirk Cousins (102)
Ryan Lindley (185)
B.J. Coleman (243)
Chandler Harnish (253)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
As someone who has Jordan Reed on his Fantasy team, I can say I am quite happy with how the 1st quarter has turned out so far

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Have to admit, Washington is heating up right in time for the play-offs. Their defense is playing great recently, Jordan Reed is a beast and Cousins just finds ways to connect with his receivers

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Redskins-Seahawks in Landover will be a great game to watch. A re-match of the wildcard game 3 years ago and with 2 hot QBs (Cousins/Wilson), receivers on both teams who are on fire (Reed/Baldwin) and a lethal pass rush also for both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad