Pre-Game Talk: Week 16: The Week Before The All-Star Break; Caps and Queens

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I wonder what they do with the lines with Lehkonen back. I wonder if they test anyone else out at center? If not I think we seen lines of:

Lehkonen-MacK-Rantanen
Drouin-Colton-Wood
Cogs-RyJo-LOC
Kivi-Oloffson-MacD

Uhhh a 2C and bumping RyJo/MacDermaid out of the lineup would go a long way.

Hopefully we get a fully healthy lineup for playoffs and get to roll out

Lehkonen-MacK-Drouin
Nuke-2C-Rantanen
Kovalenko-Colton-Wood
Cogs-Olofson-LOC

With the dream that Landy comes back and can fill in at an adequate 4th line role to start.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I wonder what they do with the lines with Lehkonen back. I wonder if they test anyone else out at center? If not I think we seen lines of:

Lehkonen-MacK-Rantanen
Drouin-Colton-Wood
Cogs-RyJo-LOC
Kivi-Oloffson-MacD

Uhhh a 2C and bumping RyJo/MacDermaid out of the lineup would go a long way.

Hopefully we get a fully healthy lineup for playoffs and get to roll out

Lehkonen-MacK-Drouin
Nuke-2C-Rantanen
Kovalenko-Colton-Wood
Cogs-Olofson-LOC

With the dream that Landy comes back and can fill in at an adequate 4th line role to start.
Probably just see him put on a line with RyJo and Cogs

27/29/96
28/20/25
11/12/62
56/22/94

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
The guy was at least throwing some hits on the forecheck earlier this season but he stopped doing that now too.
He played 19 of the last 23 games, there is just no reason for that. We have real players in the AHL and we are not banking any cap anyway. Throw of few of those guys a bone. Calling up players costs real $ though, maybe that's the real reason. Penny wise, pound foolish.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Have y'all ever just imagined Jared Bednar sitting in his office late at night drawing up lines? I picture him writing down Drouin-MacKinnon-Rantanen then he gets to his second line and he's like Lehkonen-...DAMNIT!

Then he just stares at the picture of MacFarland and the amateur scouts on the wall in abject hatred for half a dozen heartbeats, takes a deep breath and then flips his desk over and calls it a night.

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
This is great and everything, but what I really want to know is......why isn't this Meghan Angley the on TV personality for the Avs?!

She's gotta work her way up the "hot girl sportscaster" ladder:

1. Share a couch with AJ Haefele and Rudo;

2. Share a studio with Yan Stastny;

3. Share a mike with Moser;

4. Work the midnight to 4 am shift on NHL/MLB tonight.

5. Marry the pro athlete of choice.

Seriously, I like Meghan, but she needs to work on vocal presentation - her voice just disappears on the air. She has everything else - including hockey knowledge.

Last edited:
Reactions: forsbergavs32

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
She's gotta work her way up the "hot girl sportscaster" ladder:

1. Share a couch with AJ Hefele and Rudo;

2. Share a studio with Yan Stastny;

3. Share a mike with Moser;

4. Work the midnight to 4 am shift on NHL/MLB tonight.

5. Marry the pro athlete of choice.

Seriously, I like Meghan, but she needs to work on vocal presentation - he voice just disappears on the air. She has everything else - including hockey knowledge.
I think part of it is just lack of camera familiarity. And, granted this is from very limited viewing, but AJ and Rudo talk over her all the time. It’s insane.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think part of it is just lack of camera familiarity. And, granted this is from very limited viewing, but AJ and Rudo talk over her all the time. It’s insane.
Even when she does Eagles reports on her own, she doesn't have camera presence yet. Hopefully she gets there but if not, I'm sure she'll make a fantastic journalist without doing TV stuff.

Reactions: BrickNHL

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

This is the biggest problem. They don't know when to shut up and let someone else talk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad