Post-Game Talk: Week 16 - Bengals defeat the Patriots 22-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I wonder if the end zone renovation is messing with the kickers.
possibly

The new scoreboard is only 25% done and already it is bigger than the main board at Fenway

321506249_684875629745167_4468711717067889934_n.jpg

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Well f that. I'm 32 and also entitled to watching the Pats win a super bowl every couple of years. :sarcasm:
I love this post.

I’m 48 and I’ve been a fan since 1986. I’ve more than paid my dues and even the last 20 years don’t make up for the first 15 years of my fandom.

I was the only Patriots fan I knew in high school. And I grew up in Lexington - home of the ORIGINAL Minutemen.

There is ZERO chance Bob and Jon let this continue another season. Bill Belichick will survive the offseason, but Patricia and Stevie B. might not. The last two weeks have convinced me more than ever that there will be colossal changes at Gillette next season. Another season like this and I think everyone gets fired. Six-time Super Bowl winning coach or not.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I love this post.

I’m 48 and I’ve been a fan since 1986. I’ve more than paid my dues and even the last 20 years don’t make up for the first 15 years of my fandom.

I was the only Patriots fan I knew in high school. And I grew up in Lexington - home of the ORIGINAL Minutemen.

There is ZERO chance Bob and Jon let this continue another season. Bill Belichick will survive the offseason, but Patricia and Stevie B. might not. The last two weeks have convinced me more than ever that there will be colossal changes at Gillette next season. Another season like this and I think everyone gets fired. Six-time Super Bowl winning coach or not.
My old man is only a few years older then you and, oh I've heard all the horror stories lol.

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
My old man is only a few years older then you and, oh I've heard all the horror stories lol.
When I was I high school, I would listen to games like this on the radio because the Pats couldn’t sell out the home games.

I believe with all my heart that this will turn around soon because ownership wants to win. The NFL is set up to allow for quick turnarounds more than the other three sports, and the right GM (and coach?) will have the Patriots rolling again in no time.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
might as well fire the coaching staff, hire sean payton and beg brady, gronk and edelman to come back

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

God Cole Strange sucks. At least he's really old.

might as well fire the coaching staff, hire sean payton and beg brady, gronk and edelman to come back

Payton is a choking dog. More dumb, inexplicable playoffs losses (many upsets) than people realize.

Payton is a choking dog. More dumb, inexplicable playoffs losses (many upsets) than people realize.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010

absolutely but if it means getting the boys back together through tampering i’d rather that than watch these assholes

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

I guess he's living up to his weaknesses.

Strengths:

–Plays with good toughness and grit through combat
–Loves to take advantage of finishing opportunities
–Does a decent job staying connected on the move

Weaknesses:

–Could use more mass on his frame
–Comes off the ball too tall
–Will be outclassed by quickness

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Not to defend the pick itself when there were far greater needs but Strange has had some good games and bad ones. Makes sense for a guy who was drafted on athletic potential and didn't play against good competition in college to have highs and lows in his rookie season.

Reactions: CDJ

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
When I saw the halftime score of 22-0 my manager thought I was laughing at her making fun of a coworker. I seen my 6 SB wins and I remember when they sucked after drop back sack bledsoe. So im good ill keep following but wont be as invested in this shit team.

I remember everyone being confident the team wouldnt be enveloped in drama like this.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Joe Thuney all pro

Problem is when you think you are better then you are

Bill relies on friends in college football over scouts - on face of it makes sense these guys are coaches and spend hours watching the players Bill drafts

But he’s wiffed so much

Im thinking of all the wiffs at WR and DB

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Not to defend the pick itself when there were far greater needs but Strange has had some good games and bad ones. Makes sense for a guy who was drafted on athletic potential and didn't play against good competition in college to have highs and lows in his rookie season.

He's had less than a handful of good games. He's had far more train wreck games.

Has shown nothing to justify a third round draft selection, let alone round one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad