NFL GDT: Week 15

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bears will be an attractive job.

GM situation will be major issue

If Bears suck again next year Pace has to go and coach would be stuck with new GM that didn't hire him

Bears really should dump Pace and start from scratch since his performance has been underwhelming

New GM and coach = Fresh Start and best interest of franchise

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
GM situation will be major issue

If Bears suck again next year Pace has to go and coach would be stuck with new GM that didn't hire him

Bears really should dump Pace and start from scratch since his performance has been underwhelming

If you fire the coach..you have to fire the GM. I don't think he's done a terrible job outside of not dumping Fox. Expecting a GM to hit on every pick is delusional.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If you fire the coach..you have to fire the GM. I don't think he's done a terrible job outside of not dumping Fox. Expecting a GM to hit on every pick is delusional.

His FA has been mostly terrible

And his 1st round picks have not panned out. Floyd still has potential but hasn't lived up to what Pace believed he would be and is struggling to stay healthy in NFL (Which was concern at draft given his lean frame)

White was absolute bust who still doesn't understand routes and was always injured

And at this point Trubisky for all the physical talent has been disappointing to watch. Naturally we want to see him with a real coaching staff not this trainwreck but it is concerning how little he has shown overall

Like I said though the GM and ownership situation are issues with Bears in coaching search. Also Ted Phillips continued reign as team president is another issue that Chicago fans know all to well is part of problem with organization

3 Drafts and 3 FA into the Pace era and Bears are not much better if at all better then when he took over team

He also handled Robbie Gould and Alshon Jeffery situations poorly

Bears situation should not be this bleak but here we are with a pretty bleak outlook for Bears and continued prolonged potential to be NFC North basement dweller

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Markus Wheaton with a catch

Rare sight from absolutely awful WR that our GM signed in offseason and told us would help replace Jeffery production

If I took a drink for every time Wheaton did something right ,, I would be sober as f*** every Bears game

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
What did you expect Trubisky to show? He shows a lot. He went from a true air raid system to an under center pro style system and hasn't looked awful doing it. Goff was absolutely horrendous last year and so was Wentz. That's the blueprint for Trubisky.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
What did you expect Trubisky to show? He shows a lot. He went from a true air raid system to an under center pro style system and hasn't looked awful doing it. Goff was absolutely horrendous last year and so was Wentz. That's the blueprint for Trubisky.

I expected him to look better then Mike Glennon and in many games this year that has not been case. He also is very limited in what he does in his reads

When you trade what Bears traded to move up and draft a kid at #2 you expect better returns then what we have seen. I don't think its unreasonable to expect a QB to flash more then he has shown

As for the blueprint on Trubisky ,, Bears don't seem to have one and don't seem to understand development of QB

I sadly expect that to continue with new coach especially since McCaskey's will be looking for cheap options and with Pace situation several candidates will likely not have interest in job

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
It is unreasonable since you don't understand nuance and how its incredibly rare for rookies to come in at QB and be successful. Especially on a bad team.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
And you also don't understand that most NFL passing plays don't have more than 2 reads. If QB's were to sit back and go through every progression, sack numbers would be insane.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It is unreasonable since you don't understand nuance and how its incredibly rare for rookies to come in at QB and be successful. Especially on a bad team.

He has looked like shit most of season and barely played in college

Our GM traded a lot to move up 1 slot and a 2nd overall pick should show something that says they are worth it or why they were selected in that spot

Rarely has he shown much of anything to show he is worthy of being drafted into NFL let alone 2nd overall this season

Blame his coaches , WR's , etc all you want but he looks awful most of the time out there and again as a fan that was sold on how great and amazing he is as a QB prospect I want to see more from him especially since Bears made that dumb trade

And another awful Trubiskyception

Last edited:

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Lions DLine coach Kris Korcurek is going to be a hot name for a team looking for a DC.

Austin and Korcurek do a good job with what they have. Which isn't a lot of talent.

The former gets heat here from some Lions fans. But this team was also thought of by most to be 8-8 at best and miss the playoffs. Both of which can still happen obviously.

They need to find a starting RB and improve the DL. Both of which were considered weak prior to the season.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Austin and Korcurek do a good job with what they have. Which isn't a lot of talent.

The former gets heat here from some Lions fans. But this team was also thought of by most to be 8-8 at best and miss the playoffs. Both of which can still happen obviously.

They need to find a starting RB and improve the DL. Both of which were considered weak prior to the season.

I like the secondary. I'm not too hot on Davis at MLB. The DLine needs pass rushers and a healthy Ansah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad