NFL GDT: Week 15 - Part 2 - SNF conclusion & MNF

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
There's nothing particularly bad about using your timeouts early if your two-minute drill is super efficient and people know what they have to do. That's probably another weakness of the Rams offense - and it's not even a knock on them, it's just they haven't been doing it long enough. It's the sort of thing that takes years to develop.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Saints do the same thing. The thought is that if your offense is as efficient and effective as they expect, you don’t need them.

Doug ran the football and shortened the game as a result. Goff looks less sure about things without Kupp.

It's all about pressure. Make Goff move.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
last year: wentz gets injured, foles takes over, makes first start against rams, eagles win super bowl

this year: wentz gets injured, foles takes over, makes first start against rams, _________?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
last year: wentz gets injured, foles takes over, makes first start against rams, eagles win super bowl

this year: wentz gets injured, foles takes over, makes first start against rams, _________?

Foles came in against the Rams last year, didn’t start.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

I still think it's too late to catch up for a playoff spot, as the Cowboys aren't losing to Tampa Bay next Sunday. It is something to build on for next season though. The number of injuries to Eagles on defense hit a ridiculous level and they predictably paid for it. "Next man up" ran it's course.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I still think it's too late to catch up for a playoff spot, as the Cowboys aren't losing to Tampa Bay next Sunday. It is something to build on for next season though. The number of injuries to Eagles on defense hit a ridiculous level and they predictably paid for it. "Next man up" ran it's course.

Eagles are still alive for the wild card.

Win their last 2, and have Minneosta lose 1 of their last 2, and carolina lose 1 of their last 2.

they could also get in with seattle losing out

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think there are a few little things that have slowed down the Rams offense (Gurley a bit banged up, Kupp out, etc) but to me the main thing is that teams are getting just a bit more pressure through that OL on Goff and Gurley. That OL was playing as a top unit for the first half of the season and while still good, are just a tick lower now. I also wonder if the increased snaps for a receiving TE (Everett) instead of the better blocker (Higbee) isn't helping, either.

Because of that extra pressure, Goff's timing is a bit off and his passes don't look as crisp. Missing some passes completely, but more than anything the receivers are having to adjust as Goff isn't leading them like he was before so they aren't able to create the same yards after the catch.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Eagles are still alive for the wild card.

Win their last 2, and have Minneosta lose 1 of their last 2, and carolina lose 1 of their last 2.

they could also get in with seattle losing out
I know they're still mathematically alive, it was just an opinion. There's a lot of ifs in there for a a team that already has a back-up QB and other injuries.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Trickeration!

Perfect playcall, Saints basically put 11 in the box

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
that's some nice play design having the TE cave on his side then go back the other way to pick up the blitz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad