Aug 31, 2016
Saints defense as recently as 2 years ago was a massive liability

What had changed?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Saints defense as recently as 2 years ago was a massive liability

What had changed?

A) Lots of young players all getting good at the same time and B) Mike Nolan

I think Dennis Allen is a smart defensive coordinator but he has a secondary background and is not a fiery guy. Nolan has given them a lot of toughness and fundamentals in the front 7. It is kind of hilarious that he is not a defensive coordinator in the NFL, lord knows he's way overqualified to be a position coach.

Last edited:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Something interesting about the Saints with the way the schedule set up is, they have their last two games of the season at home, then the playoffs. Go 1-1 in those last two games and you have home field advantage throughout. So in theory they would not have to make a road trip until the Super Bowl, and even that is in Atlanta which they are obviously super familar with.

In theory.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
If you wanted to draw a line back to Jeff Ireland being hired to run the draft you could probably go there too. They got Rankins, Bell and Onyemata in 2016; all 3 of those guys have been good and Rankins especially has become one of the better interior pass rushers in the league. Then in 17 they got Lattimore, Anzalone and Williams. So that's 6 good starters in two drafts. Then Okafor, Klein and Demario Davis have been really good free agent pickups and trading for Eli Apple looks like a win too at the moment.

But really I think it's more about the coaching. It's not like the players they have now are really better than Jenkins, Vaccaro, Hicks, etc. They're just better coached. Depth helps too.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Was impressed with the Saints pass rush yesterday but everytime I’ve watched the Panthers this year Cam is under duress almost immediately on every snap.

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
Something interesting about the Saints with the way the schedule set up is, they have their last two games of the season at home, then the playoffs. Go 1-1 in those last two games and you have home field advantage throughout. So in theory they would not have to make a road trip until the Super Bowl, and even that is in Atlanta which they are obviously super familar with.

In theory.

Still. I think you have to agree that the Rams end season is a lot easier than the Saints'

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad