Patriots/NFL Week 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
You can tell whether it's real or not by how much Schefter has said about it. In this case, it's all been driven by Russini and not him. He's seemingly staying away from the story for whatever reason, which to me means that the tape isn't a real big concern. Troy Vincent being a dick and saying nothing is over or has been decided, aside.

This is a good point. Schefter and Rapoport are probably considered the top two national NFL guys, and Schefter has said almost nothing while Rapoport has said that it doesn't seem to be a big deal. We're on day 3 of this, right? You'd think we'd have heard more if there was something else to it.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
This is a good point. Schefter and Rapoport are probably considered the top two national NFL guys, and Schefter has said almost nothing while Rapoport has said that it doesn't seem to be a big deal. We're on day 3 of this, right? You'd think we'd have heard more if there was something else to it.

Yes, it's day 3. No new news. Just rehashing of what's already been said. Rap said that he expected very little, if anything maybe a fine. Schefty has laid back and let Russini whip the haters into a frenzy with half truths and biased rumors. Vincent saying nothing is over is also just incredibly biased, and it's laughable he's still in that position given his clear dislike of quite a few other teams. Zo was on the sports hub today saying BB is incredibly pissed over this and that heads may roll. To me, it still all comes down to the video. They need to get that out asap so this can all go away.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They signed trick shot kicker Josh Gable to their PS

hes recently 6 of 16 kicking in the IFL but I’m pretty sure their goalposts are about half as wide and taller

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I'm sure he's Ready, Willing, and Gable

upload_2019-12-12_12-27-26.gif

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
5ba446d973fa2.image.png

They signed trick shot kicker Josh Gable to their PS. He's recently 6 of 16 kicking in the IFL but I’m pretty sure their goalposts are about half as wide and taller

"In a season in which they've employed four kickers on the active roster, the New England Patriots added an unusual layer of insurance at the position Wednesday by signing Josh Gable -- who never played college football -- to their practice squad. Gable, 29, played professional soccer in Italy and Belgium before returning to the United States in 2016 to kick for the Nebraska Danger, Iowa Barnstormers and Tucson Sugar Skulls in the Indoor Football League. But Gable is probably best known for the trick-shot kicks he has posted on social media." https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...s-sign-viral-kicker-josh-gable-practice-squad

The Tucson Sugar Skulls. That's just a weird logo and name.

Last edited:
Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Apparently a bunch of former players tried to defraud the leagues healthcare plan for former players

Clinton Portis and Joe Horn are the biggest names

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Apparently a bunch of former players tried to defraud the leagues healthcare plan for former players

Clinton Portis and Joe Horn are the biggest names
"In addition, the government plans to file criminal informations charging Joe Horn, the former New Orleans Saints wide receiver, and Donald "Reche" Caldwell, the former San Diego Chargers and New England Patriots wide receiver, with conspiracy, according to the news release."

His face when he gets charged with the crime, you guessed it:

images

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'll have to learn more details before I make a moral judgment either way

The league treats its former players like garbage so I can't trust them on a matter like this in any way, but insurance fraud is insurance fraud

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

The league treats its former players like garbage so I can't trust them on a matter like this in any way, but insurance fraud is insurance fraud

Yeah apparently they’d file claims to say they were purchasing things like cryogenic chambers and then they would not follow through with the purchase

Seems like a very dumb scheme tbh, not surprised it was cooked up by those with years worth of brain trauma.

I, for one, am fine with the insurance fraud for the reason you outlined

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

From my perspective, guys like Portis and Horn made a lot of money during their careers. Now, they may have blown it all, but that was their own fault. The ones who played in the 70s and 80s didn't make as much, and they need the insurance coverage even more. I just hope that this insurance fraud wouldn't hurt them.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
What an idiot. :facepalm:

from espn.com:

Cornerback Janoris Jenkins tweeted a disparaging remark in response to a critical fan Wednesday while the New York Giants were on the practice field.

Jenkins was not practicing because of an ankle injury. He was defending his play this season while his teammates were on the field. Jenkins took exception to a fan who asked why the stats Jenkins was using to showcase his effectiveness weren't contributing to any wins.

"I can only do my job.. ******," Jenkins tweeted.

Full story here: www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28276071/giants-janoris-jenkins-tweets-insult-fan-practice

And since this goofball refused to make a sincere apology the Giants released him today. Of course he had to tweet about his release:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Surprise surprise - now that he's looking for work former Giants CB Janoris Jenkins now admits that he was wrong. :shakehead

from cbssports.com:

In speaking with TMZ Sports later Friday afternoon, Jenkins revealed his sudden moment of clarity, and wants everyone to know he's ready to put it all behind him.

"You just admit to it," he said. "Admit that you did wrong, which I did."

Fact check: He didn't admit he did anything wrong initially, hence his release. Instead, he attempted to excuse it away, quantifying the slur as a word he used growing up.

"At the end of the day it's my slang," he told media just one day before being fired by the Giants, per Pro Football Talk. "So if you take it how you're going to take it, it's on you. I don't mean to offend nobody. My dad always told me, 'Speak freely and own up to what you say.'

"So I always speak freely as a man and I speak how I want to speak."

In his about-face to TMZ, however, he speaks of growth and seeks absolution.

"It's always a learning moment," Jenkins said. "Everybody's going to learn from different situations. Move forward and learn."

Full story here: www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ex-giants-cornerback-janoris-jenkins-finally-admits-wrongdoing-following-slur-release-from-team/

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That’s a hell of a way to get off the Giants. Would be hilarious if that is how malcontents get off teams from now on. Just start saying as much offensive shit As possible.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
The Patriots admitted to breaking the rules. Even if it wasn't on purpose, they will have to be punished (especially considering their history).

Whatever. Goodell and his henchmen have covered up so many horrible things their "punishment" or revenge as I would call it means little and just shows where their priorities really lie.

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Reactions: KrejciMVP

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
"The NFL takes these matters very seriously". What an embarrassing league considering what it sweeps under the rug.

Fine them and move on. Draft picks or suspensions are absurd.

The Bengals being "livid" should not matter in the slightest. They are looking for distractions from their season. Nothing more.

Yep. Any "justice" Goodell and the NFL delves is laughable and shouldn't be taken seriously considering what his laundry list of immoral actions are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad