Patriots/NFL Week 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I suggested just for shits and giggles the Pats get CK just to troll the league and other Pats fans went bonkers.

"Bill would never bring him in!"

These people new? How many headcases has Bill gambled on? Haynesworth springs to mind. Did people also forget AB?

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Being a head case has nothing to do with it, Bill wouldn't bring him in because he's just not that good at football anymore.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Idc about anybody’s opinions on Kaepernick- you’re entitled to think what you want- but the way the league went about this shows it’s purely a PR stunt by them. I think I remember people blaming Kaepernick by saying this is him trying to stay in the stoplight.......just no. Also apparently that Elway story is crap btw. Read what actually happened. Michael Silver has the timeline on his Twitter.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
One should never underestimate the ability of the NFL/Goodell to make the league look bad. The MBTA has better public relations, not to mention better management.

Reactions: CDJ and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Confused as to why this is happening in the first place and confused why something so simple can't be done right...

Because Goodell is dumb enough to think that everyone is too stupid to see through this farce and believes it will make the NFL look better. It won't. In fact as more details come out about how this came to be, it makes the league look shittier and shittier. :laugh:

Reactions: jgatie and CDJ

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I suggested just for ****s and giggles the Pats get CK just to troll the league and other Pats fans went bonkers.

"Bill would never bring him in!"

These people new? How many headcases has Bill gambled on? Haynesworth springs to mind. Did people also forget AB?

nope, I'd still bring him back.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Because Goodell is dumb enough to think that everyone is too stupid to see through this farce and believes it will make the NFL look better. It won't. In fact as more details come out about how this came to be, it makes the league look ****tier and ****tier. :laugh:

B-b-b-but Goodell protects the shield!!

Pure bullshit. The shield protects itself. Period. Despite Goodell's best efforts to blow it up, the shield is pretty much impenetrable these days. People watch no matter what, and Goodell might as well be a trained monkey. Actually, the monkey would probably do a better job,

Reactions: LSCII and CDJ

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Because Goodell is dumb enough to think that everyone is too stupid to see through this farce and believes it will make the NFL look better. It won't. In fact as more details come out about how this came to be, it makes the league look ****tier and ****tier. :laugh:

Should have just left it alone.

Reactions: LSCII

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
What on Earth are you talking about? I'm not guessing here. Elway literally confirmed it all when he was deposed UNDER OATH.

John Elway blames Colin Kaepernick for no job: 'had his chance to be here,' omits key fact

Did you read the article? Even the title of the article you cited hints to why it’s crap. “Omits key fact”

Edit: did you eventually read the article and have to edit your post after? It sure seems you did. Because the only relevant timeframe here is Kaepernick post-protests, nobody gives af what he was offered before then.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Did you read the article? Even the title of the article you cited hints to why it’s crap. “Omits key fact”

I did. The "key fact" that was omitted is irrelevant to my earlier post. That article muddied the waters because it was only focusing on 2018, NOT the 2016 offer. My whole post which you called "crap" was specifically 2016. Feel free to quote it.

Check the new link with specifics to the Broncos contract offer that he laughed at.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I did. That one muddied the waters because it was only focusing on 2018, NOT the 2016 offer. My whole post which you called "crap" was specifically 2016. Feel free to quote it.

Check the new link with specifics to the Broncos contract offer that he laughed at.

Nobody cares about what he was offered before he started doing his thing. That is quite irrelevant to the current situation at hand.

Reactions: jgatie

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Nobody cares about what he was offered before he started doing his thing. That is quite irrelevant to the current situation at hand.

I guess I'm not sure why you went out of your way to say my post was "crap" then. Moving on....

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
76177627_961258797589030_4190948458015752192_o.jpg

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
If the Pats could deal with a media circus, Antonio Brown would still be on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad