Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Here's a longer video of the play.

Garrett slams Rudolph into the ground with a late hit (Rudolph's head actually slams into the ground). Rudolph tries to pull Garrett's helmet off as retaliation (though I'm seeing some suggestion that Rudolph's hand got stuck in the facemask), so then Garrett actually rips off Rudolph's helmet in response. Rudolph then charges after Garrett, and then Garrett swings the helmet at him, hitting him in the head. Love the ending where #65 comes out of nowhere to shove Rudolph to the ground. That guy can expect a hefty punishment too.

holy crap!

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
He’s better than Cody Kessler who is only here due to concerns w Stidham. Kraft could make up for being such a hypocrite with that move.

I only do it if TB12 signs off though. He hasn’t played in 3 years and might be not worth pissing off Brady who doesn’t really like having a good backup.

Do we know if Kappernick is even a 'good backup' at this point? I also can't see Kraft pushing this guy on BB..for what reason?

I'd think if BB thought this guy was worth his time, he'd have actually done something about it in the last 3 years.

Reactions: Alicat

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
He’s better than Cody Kessler who is only here due to concerns w Stidham. Kraft could make up for being such a hypocrite with that move.

I only do it if TB12 signs off though. He hasn’t played in 3 years and might be not worth pissing off Brady who doesn’t really like having a good backup.

How is Kraft a hypocrite in that decision done by Patriots football operations?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If it happened to Brady this place would of already used up the max posts and been into a new thread by now.

It wouldn't happen to Brady because the Pats can handle a win or a loss with class and not act like f***ing morons.

The best part of the "brawl" after the helmet hit is Pouncey kicking Garrett in the head while he's on the bottom of the pile. I could watch that clip on a loop all day long. You're kicking a dude that's got a helmet on his head idiot. :laugh:

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Do we know if Kaepernick is even a 'good backup' at this point? I also can't see Kraft pushing this guy on BB..for what reason?

I'd think if BB thought this guy was worth his time, he'd have actually done something about it in the last 3 years.

I don't think they'd sign him to be the backup. They'd sign him to the 53 man roster to be the scout team QB, so he can help them prepare for Dak, Watson, Maholmes, and Allen, and then Lamar in the playoffs.

Considering they're already wasting a roster spot on Cody Kessler, who I still don't know why he's here, since he can't replicate the athleticism of the QBs they'll be facing and he's certainly not a developmental prospect. If Kaepernick can still run and throw the football, and he's willing to play for the minimum, he could certainly help this team prepare for future opponents.

The thing is, I don't think he's willing to play for cheap and he's not going to take an offer where he doesn't have a chance to start. For that reason, I don't see him signing with anyone.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I don't think they'd sign him to be the backup. They'd sign him to the 53 man roster to be the scout team QB, so he can help them prepare for Dak, Watson, Maholmes, and Allen, and then Lamar in the playoffs.

Considering they're already wasting a roster spot on Cody Kessler, who I still don't know why he's here, since he can't replicate the athleticism of the QBs they'll be facing and he's certainly not a developmental prospect. If Kaepernick can still run and throw the football, and he's willing to play for the minimum, he could certainly help this team prepare for future opponents.

The thing is, I don't think he's willing to play for cheap and he's not going to take an offer where he doesn't have a chance to start. For that reason, I don't see him signing with anyone.

How did they beat Mahomes twice last season without someone 'fast' running the scout team ? Haven't they beat most of these athletic quarterbacks?

How exactly does Kappernick help them beat those guys or prepare for future opponents? I'll take the best coach in the league and take my chances..

Cody Kessler isn't creating a media circus and I don't want to have to listen to the daily non-sense that would surround bringing him in.

Hoe did this guy become so important to the Patriots future success? If BB thought he could help, he'd already be here.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Why are people acting as though a single person said they can't beat the Chiefs or Ravens without Kaepernick on the scout team.

No one has said that and no one will say that. That's a dumb argument no is making.

Saying he could help the scout team is obviously debatable, but it's not exactly crazy.

Because it was a suggested premise that they would need him to do so in your original agreement with Violin that is why.

God forbid someone counterpoint it.

Oh **** me. Ben Volin had the same thought I did. I need a shower.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I'm not understanding what he's going to bring to the scout team that he needs to be signed. Is it the fact that he's fast? Because I'm sure they could find another fast out of work QB who could do
the same thing, without all the distraction. Hell, they could even find another fast guy who isn't a QB to run around during practice.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I'm not even sure the dude's that fast any more. 32 years old and multiple years away from the game......they could do better, cheaper, and with fewer distractions.

Reactions: Therick67

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Why is everyone acting like Kaepernick would sign on to be a practice squad player?!

He's made it clear he'll only accept a starter job on all the other things he's turned down the past couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad