NCAA GDT: Week 14: Championship Weekend

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Probably just have to take the 3 here. I don't see Wisconsin being able to drive for 7 honestly

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
at the rate OSU is going, this may all be for nothing.

1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Wisconsin
4. Georgia

Even if they win, OSU right now does not look like a team that should be in the playoff. If they win and the committe is so caught up on "MUH CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP" then just give the #4 spot to UCF. UCF stands about as good of a chance of beating Clemson as OSU does, anyway.

That's the hard part of this. We all have to stop thinking with any reason and start thinking like it's a business. That's all it is.. it's a business and the powers that be want to protect that. So do the powers that be want the best 4 teams? Do they want to make conference championships feel important? Do they want to keep the big conferences happy and not give 2 bids to the SEC?

It's such a unique way to think because it's dumb. But they'll protect that business first. Gotta keep the money rolling.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
That's the hard part of this. We all have to stop thinking with any reason and start thinking like it's a business. That's all it is.. it's a business and the powers that be want to protect that. So do the powers that be want the best 4 teams? Do they want to make conference championships feel important? Do they want to keep the big conferences happy and not give 2 bids to the SEC?

It's such a unique way to think because it's dumb. But they'll protect that business first. Gotta keep the money rolling.
if they protect their business, then the money match is #1 Clemson v #4 Alabama in the semi-final. That would be a match-up worthy of the Final; plus it's a rematch of the last 2 Natty games. Big ratings pull.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Got them to kick a field goal, finally.

Meanwhile, I don’t want to say Miami are frauds, but it’s clearly not their time.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
if they protect their business, then the money match is #1 Clemson v #4 Alabama in the semi-final. That would be a match-up worthy of the Final; plus it's a rematch fo the last 2 Natty games. Big ratings pull.

Then that's what they shall do.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Didn’t the clemson Alabama game last year have worse ratings? I doubt it will be a big ratings pull this time around anyway

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Didn’t the clemson Alabama game last year have worse ratings? I doubt it will be a big ratings pull this time around anyway

I think the actual title game did well. The semi-final games did not. Because they were on new years eve for some reason.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Wisconsin would be a year in year out contender if Alvarez would actually let them spend money on recruiting. With their coaching and player development.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I cannot wait til he graduates. The only reason we won a NC is because he was injured. He cannot throw the ball. At all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad