Pre-Game Talk: Week 13: NYI, @DAL, FLA. The first week of 2024. Let the optimism flow! Or let the pessimism persist. I'm not your mother.

2024 will be ______ for the Avs

• Total voters

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This is by no means an infallible source or anything... but I think this is representative :

Hardest schedule remaining after coming off the 2nd easiest schedule to start. The next 2 months are going to say a lot about this team. If they can get through this remaining stretch at .650+ they'll have done pretty well, .700+ would be incredibly good. If they are more ~.600 or below, that would be worrisome (.525 is probably all they need to make the playoffs).
So I guess...

- Avs fall from being challengers for the Division to being a mid-playoff team around 3rd place
- Caps fall from a playoff spot
- Oilers take over Coyotes in wildcard
- CBJ challenge Sharks for Celebrini (while also trading Elvis)
- Kraken make surprising push towards playoffs
- Jets win division

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
An optimist. I like it. Any score that has us scoring a goal is a bit homerish to be honest. We're getting blanked tonight and there really is not any other plausible reality.
If the Avs do not end up with a negative goals scored total it's a win. Personally, I just hope Makar's season stats are not all reset to 0.

• Love
Reactions: missionAvs

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The next 6 games go: NYI, @Stars, Fla, Bruins, Knights, and @Leafs... That's a tough stretch, but if this team is really capable... they should be able to grab 8 points and step up to their competition. I expect the Avs will be at their very best against Dallas and Vegas to try to send a message and 4 points there. Bruins and Panthers will probably be stinky losses. NYI and Leafs will probably decide how this stretch goes. Win in both and we're probably a 8-9 points and looking good. Split them and we are looking at more 6-7 points.
That's odd. @Leafs and @Stars haven't been on for a while.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If Meyers was sent down, means McDermid is in tonight, which against Dallas, isn't a bad thing. Benn's face could always use a pounding.
I promise you the chances he's even on the ice the same time as Benn is almost nil. And if he is on the ice the same time as Benn, Benn is likely gonna have multiple scoring chances.

That's the inherent issue with putting these goons who can't f***ing play a lick on the roster, they're literally never able to keep up with the very players they're supposed to deter.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Dermy in the lineup is absolutely useless especially when you already have Manson in the lineup. Manson has already proven he can handle a POS like Benn.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Only problem I have with MacDermid really is his speed. He just can't keep up with today's NHLrs, which means he's always chasing in the defensive zone. Offensively, he's got some skill, but the same problem remains, if he's not already in the perfect spot, he's not going to get there in time.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Only problem I have with MacDermid really is his speed. He just can't keep up with today's NHLrs, which means he's always chasing in the defensive zone. Offensively, he's got some skill, but the same problem remains, if he's not already in the perfect spot, he's not going to get there in time.

He has NO skill. None.

Don't let the two highlight-reel goals he somehow stumbled into fool you. Dude can't even really effectively clear the puck when it's on his stick. His shot is pretty weak for a guy that big, he can't pass, and he almost never, EVER wins puck battles.

You should have way more problems than just his speed. He also has no hockey IQ to speak of, is prone to really dumb penalties, and for a hulking behemoth of a man is extraordinarily easy to knock down, even without a gallon of liquor in his bloodstream and the Stanley Cup in his hands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad