Pre-Game Talk: Week 13: NYI, @DAL, FLA. The first week of 2024. Let the optimism flow! Or let the pessimism persist. I'm not your mother.

2024 will be ______ for the Avs

• Total voters

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Tuesday the 2nd, New York Islanders, Home at 7:00 PM MNT.

Thursday the 4th, Dallas Stars, Away at 6:00 PM MNT.

Saturday the 6th, Florida Panthers, Home at 2:00 PM MNT.

So we got a pretty important game against Dallas this week in Dallas. With how we've been playing away lately, that feels like an auto loss. Hopefully I'm wrong, and the boys pull one out.

We also got a day game.... I hate day games. They always throw my schedule out of wack

And Congrats to @forsbergavs32 on their promotion to global moderator. Now they can ban anyone who makes fun of the Avs anywhere on the forums. 😉

Last edited:

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
IMG_3802.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The next 6 games go: NYI, @Stars, Fla, Bruins, Knights, and @Leafs... That's a tough stretch, but if this team is really capable... they should be able to grab 8 points and step up to their competition. I expect the Avs will be at their very best against Dallas and Vegas to try to send a message and 4 points there. Bruins and Panthers will probably be stinky losses. NYI and Leafs will probably decide how this stretch goes. Win in both and we're probably a 8-9 points and looking good. Split them and we are looking at more 6-7 points.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The schedule is really difficult from now until pretty much April, and I’m guessing CMac isn’t gonna do anything until March trade deadline, and Bednar is gonna continue relying on the top line to carry this team by playing them half the game. There might be nothing left of MacK Mikko and Nuke by the time playoffs start.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
The schedule is really difficult from now until pretty much April, and I’m guessing CMac isn’t gonna do anything until March trade deadline, and Bednar is gonna continue relying on the top line to carry this team by playing them half the game. There might be nothing left of MacK Mikko and Nuke by the time playoffs start.
They are getting a 10-day break at the end of this month so the top line will probably be OK until about the middle of Feb where the extra work will start being felt. We should have Lehky back by then though so that should help. Maybe will have a 2C by then as well.

Reactions: the_fan

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
This is a tough stretch, but with the break coming up all I really am hoping for is to find more consistency on the road. Gotta eek out a couple of tough wins away from the Sack if this team has any chance of making a deep run.

Reactions: missionAvs

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
They are getting a 10-day break at the end of this month so the top line will probably be OK until about the middle of Feb where the extra work will start being felt. We should have Lehky back by then though so that should help. Maybe will have a 2C by then as well.
10 day break will help but the top line will still get overworked without a 2C even with Lehky back

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
10 day break will help but the top line will still get overworked without a 2C even with Lehky back
No doubt they will. They will always be compared to other teams. Just saying they should be able to handle it for quite a while because of that break and hopefully by then the Avs got some help. The last week prior to the break will probably be the worst for them as far as fatigue is concerned then they should be able to do it again for another couple of weeks (6-7 games). Then without help through trade(s) it might get ugly.....if it isn't already.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
This is by no means an infallible source or anything... but I think this is representative :

Hardest schedule remaining after coming off the 2nd easiest schedule to start. The next 2 months are going to say a lot about this team. If they can get through this remaining stretch at .650+ they'll have done pretty well, .700+ would be incredibly good. If they are more ~.600 or below, that would be worrisome (.525 is probably all they need to make the playoffs).

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
This is by no means an infallible source or anything... but I think this is representative :

Hardest schedule remaining after coming off the 2nd easiest schedule to start. The next 2 months are going to say a lot about this team. If they can get through this remaining stretch at .650+ they'll have done pretty well, .700+ would be incredibly good. If they are more ~.600 or below, that would be worrisome (.525 is probably all they need to make the playoffs).
I guess the good thing is they seem to raise/lower their level of play vs whomever they are playing. That said, vs the best teams in the league this year, they have been clobbered more often than not.
The next 6 games go: NYI, @Stars, Fla, Bruins, Knights, and @Leafs...
W, L, L, L, OTL, L

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
W, L, L, L, OTL, L

If this happens, the Avs will need a shakeup trade immediately after. That would be completely unacceptable and very worrisome.

I'm as excited for this group of games as any all year so far. We finally will get a bit of a glimpse into the team and what potential they really have. Do they rise to the challenge and get focused? Or do they fall on their face?

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Tuesday the 2nd New York Islanders, Home at 7:00 PM MNT.

Thursday the 4th Dallas Stars, Home at 6:00 PM MNT.

Saturday the 6th Florida Panthers, Home at 2:00 PM MNT.

So we got a pretty important game against Dallas this week in Dallas. With how we've been playing away lately, that feels like an auto loss. Hopefully I'm wrong and the boys pull one out.

We also got a day game.... I hate day games. They always throw my schedule out of wack

And Congrats to @forsbergavs32 on their promotion to global moderator. Now they can ban anyone who makes fun of the Avs anywhere on the forums. 😉
That Dallas game is where?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad