NCAA GDT: Week 11

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I wanted to get in front of @PanthersPens62 for this one since his team is likely to get (and stay) in front of mine on Saturday :(

There are quite a bit of games this week with obvious CFP and conference title implications. Among those that may not, Ole Miss v.s. Texas A&M may be an interesting one.

Oklahoma has a tough final 3 games with which to impress the CFP committee, starting with their visit to Waco on Saturday. It will also be interesting to see how the Big 10 shakes out.

In regards to Oregon: I know they have at worst the second-best win in the country right now but that Stanford loss is absolutely hideous. I don't see the justification of having them over Cincinnati, and by that I mean I do see the justification but it's horseshit.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
I wanted to get in front of @PanthersPens62 for this one since his team is likely to get (and stay) in front of mine on Saturday :(

There are quite a bit of games this week with obvious CFP and conference title implications. Among those that may not, Ole Miss v.s. Texas A&M may be an interesting one.

Oklahoma has a tough final 3 games with which to impress the CFP committee, starting with their visit to Waco on Saturday. It will also be interesting to see how the Big 10 shakes out.

In regards to Oregon: I know they have at worst the second-best win in the country right now but that Stanford loss is absolutely hideous. I don't see the justification of having them over Cincinnati, and by that I mean I do see the justification but it's horseshit.
I hope I am not jinxing my beloved U with my antics in the Lounge this week! :laugh:

Cincy needs to start blowing out the rest of its opponents as the committee continues to find any reason to keep them out. Winning these games by less than 20 points is sadly not going to cut it. They are going to need Ohio State to lose 1 more game & Oklahoma to lose at least 1 game to have any shot.

I find it so hard to root against Oregon because of Mario C.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I hope I am not jinxing my beloved U with my antics in the Lounge this week! :laugh:

We suck, dude. There's no real consistency from game to game, we lack discipline and don't have the same level of athletes we're accustomed to having. We can have some success on the ground but it's mitigated by being atrocious in the red zone. It's hard to believe this program won a national title in 2013, but it's true.

Losing to both Miami AND UF will be very, very hard to accept. I don't particularly like yet tolerate Miami; there are many opponents against which I wish the 'Canes are victorious. UF? Let's put it this way: If they played the Pittsburgh Steelers, even in an exhibition game, I would be dressed in a Big Ben jersey and waving each and every terrible towel known or even rumored to have ever existed.

Cincy needs to start blowing out the rest of its opponents as the committee continues to find any reason to keep them out. Winning these games by less than 20 points is sadly not going to cut it. They are going to need Ohio State to lose 1 more game & Oklahoma to lose at least 1 game to have any shot.

Agreed, and I think OSU wins out tbh. The chances of Oklahoma losing a game I think is higher.

I find it so hard to root against Oregon because of Mario C.

I'd love to see a Pac-12 team in the CFP and Oregon's the only one with a chance. I'd have no problem with them other than the Stanford game but that game was just so astoundingly bad.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
We suck, dude. There's no real consistency from game to game, we lack discipline and don't have the same level of athletes we're accustomed to having. We can have some success on the ground but it's mitigated by being atrocious in the red zone. It's hard to believe this program won a national title in 2013, but it's true.

Losing to both Miami AND UF will be very, very hard to accept. I don't particularly like yet tolerate Miami; there are many opponents against which I wish the 'Canes are victorious. UF? Let's put it this way: If they played the Pittsburgh Steelers, even in an exhibition game, I would be dressed in a Big Ben jersey and waving each and every terrible towel known or even rumored to have ever existed.

Agreed, and I think OSU wins out tbh. The chances of Oklahoma losing a game I think is higher.

I'd love to see a Pac-12 team in the CFP and Oregon's the only one with a chance. I'd have no problem with them other than the Stanford game but that game was just so astoundingly bad.
I still worry about our defense....while it has improved a bit from earlier this season, it still provides several wtf moments every game. TVD is an absolute stud, though, and the younger players are tons hungrier & better than many of the 4, 5, & 6 year seniors, so I'm hoping for the best.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I still worry about our defense....while it has improved a bit from earlier this season, it still provides several wtf moments every game. TVD is an absolute stud, though, and the younger players are tons hungrier & better than many of the 4, 5, & 6 year seniors, so I'm hoping for the best.

Our offense is putrid. There's no way around it, they are utterly putrid. I doubt your D will be tested enough here to cause a severe problem. Canes are favored by 2.5 and I'd easily take the over.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Cincinnati tied with 2-7 South Florida after 1 7-7. Gotta do better than that

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
They're just not doing enough to overcome the preconceived notions of the committee.

They have an uphill battle and they're simply not impressing to the degree they should.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They're just not doing enough to overcome the preconceived notions of the committee.

They have an uphill battle and they're simply not impressing to the degree they should.
Yeah 45-28 ain’t gonna do it. Should’ve been 55-7

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
@GKJ If you want to earn enough $$$ to be able to fund Chucky Gruden's legal team, then go with The Bear (who was 2-1 last week) on these standout matchups:

Syracuse + 3 vs Louisville
Washington State + 14 vs Oregon
Washington + 6 vs Arizona State

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Is it a Mississippi thing to do thanksgiving 2 weeks early or something, why are they having dinner on the game day set?

@GKJ If you want to earn enough $$$ to be able to fund Chucky Gruden's legal team, then go with The Bear (who was 2-1 last week) on these standout matchups:

Syracuse + 3 vs Louisville
Washington State + 14 vs Oregon
Washington + 6 vs Arizona State
I like the Cougs

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Corso's Headgear Selection......from The Grove in Oxford MS.......where ManningCast co-star Eli Manning honed his skillz! :yo: Hotty Toddy!! :yo: :yo: :yo:

Factoids: Lee is 1-2 when picking aTm & has never picked Ole Miss....if he picks them they will be the 65th different headgear he will have donned. This is the 2nd time Gameday has been to Oxford. The 1st visit was highlighted by the iconic Celebrity Picker segment with Katy Perry. :yo:
upload_2021-11-13_11-47-41.jpeg

Sign of the Day: "Who Names Their Kid 'Jimbo'" ? :biglaugh:

Celebrity Picker: At the request of Ms. Perry, a Gameday First will take place as current Ole' Miss Coach Lane Kiffin has the honors and for obvious reasons is going with the team he coaches! :eyeroll: And also thinks his former team stuns Georgia tonight! :amazed:

Lee: Flashback to when Katy was furious that he did not pick Ole Miss.........not this time as for the 1st time ever he declares Hotty Toddy & dons the Rebel helmet! :biglaugh:

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Super lame to get the current coach. Couldn’t get anyone to show up in Oxford?

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Is it a Mississippi thing to do thanksgiving 2 weeks early or something, why are they having dinner on the game day set?

I like the Cougs
They bring food to the set every week, but it has never remained on set for such a long period......I'm guessing its for this reason:

The Grove and Ole Miss produce one of the most unique college football experiences in the South and nationwide. The Sporting News ranked it among college football's greatest traditions and described The Grove as "the Holy Grail of tailgating sites." In listing America's top sports colleges, Sports Illustrated named Ole Miss the nation's No. 1 tailgating school.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Super lame to get the current coach. Couldn’t get anyone to show up in Oxford?
Yeah, its quite bizarre. They are claiming that they wanted Katy to come back but she could not and that SHE requested Lane. Besides, if a broadcaster can't make a pick on a game he is calling, why the heck can a head coach? Then again, with Lane, there was always that chance he'd troll us and pick aTm just for the lulz. (of course it would also have the NCAA come a 'callin!) :laugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
New Mexico State up 3-0 on Alabama.

Just want this to be out there.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Penn State has a fake field goal sniffed out by Michigan. Instead of 10-0, it’s still only 3-0

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
UCONN so amped up for the Jim Mora era they ran back the opening kickoff on Clemson.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Florida is somehow losing at halftime on their bye week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad