NFL GDT: Week 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
cousins is just good enough to fool you into thinking he could be really good

Sep 19, 2008
Cousins is essentially a fantasy QB that takes more risks than Alex Smith which also leads to more turnovers

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
I have a silly question. At 39, Brees is playing what some might call his best football of his career. How much more years do you guys think he has in the tank?

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I have a silly question. At 39, Brees is playing what some might call his best football of his career. How much more years do you guys think he has in the tank?

He could play till 42-43, just depends on him. If you watch the Saints week in and week out, his offensive line does a fantastic job of protecting him, he barely gets hit. Going into yesterdays game, the Saints Oline had allowed something like 9 total sacks on Brees for the season. If your not taking a physical beating week in and week out, it's going to help in the long run.

The guy also takes good care of himself. You hear stories about how regimented the guy is and how he pushes to continue to be better.

As a Saints fan, I'm just enjoying the ride and hoping for no major injuries. Slot corner Patrick Robinson (IR) was a tough blow early in the year. They should be getting Davenport back in a few weeks which will only help the defense which has started to come around the last few weeks. Eli Apple has been good add for the secondary. PJ Williams as the slot corner has been a sore spot but he's slowly improved.

If the defense can just be, say in the range of 20-25 overall, it's going to be very difficult to beat them especially if they are the number one seed in the NFC come the postseason.

Good read below...Always enjoy Peter King's FMIA articles every Monday.

FMIA Week 11—Embedded in New Orleans: The Ritz, the Rout and the Reason the Saints Are Unstoppable

FMIA Week 11—Embedded in New Orleans: The Ritz, the Rout and the Reason the Saints Are Unstoppable

Reactions: PredSubban

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Who knows. It sure seems like when it goes, it goes quick for QBs. I hope he doesn't slow down any time soon because the NFL is a better league with awesome QB play like his in it.

Reactions: PredSubban

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Cousins is who I thought he was. A good QB somewhere in the 10-15 range, who needs his supporting cast to lift him up rather than him making those around him better. He has already made throws that no Vikings QB since Favre in 2009 has been capable of making but the downside is the carelessness and lack of awareness leading to turnovers.

Reactions: m9

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Working nights sucks when your team is flexed

Only saw 3rd qtr and most of 4th. D looked great but the offense is still having issues especially with run game

Bears need to get run game on track if we want to do damage in playoffs IMO

No you don't. Running the ball only matters if it produces chunk plays. Plus they have a mobile QB who runs quite a bit because it's clear that if his first read isn't open he has been coached to run.

member 157595

Mike Brown owns the team.

Yes, yes...let the hate flow through you. :darth:

Give it time. You will eventually reach a point where you get so fed up that you actively root AGAINST the Bengals just to stick it to Brown. However, at some point you realize that such an endeavor is pointless because they only one that still suffers is you, the Bengals fan, and not the mega-millionaire owner that ran his father's creation into Hades and beyond.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Barring injury, Brees could probably play another 5-6 years if he wanted to, because his game isn't dependent on arm strength or scrambling and the offensive line in front of him should be good for a long time.

But you could've said the same about Peyton Manning before that neck injury messed up his ability to grip the ball.

anyway Brees doesn't want to play that long, he came out and said a while back he'll probably retire sooner than people think, but not after this season even if they win the SB. So I'm thinking probably next season or 2020 will be his last.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
somber occasion honoring tragic deaths does not mix well with Monster energy drink amped up countdown

What an odd moment

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Greggy Z!!! Whattheheckyadoin???

Interesting personal foul call on the Chiefs too. His mechanics I certainly didnt like leading with the head and all, but he didn't exactly "get" Woods.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Kelce kinda turned too early for that ball. I think if he keeps carrying a bit more upfield he has a good shot at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad