NFL GDT: Week 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Damn Parkey might have one of the weakest legs in the league. Looks like 48 yards is his max.
Career long is 54, which isn't long for a kicker these days.

Wonder how long they'll screw around trying to get the touchdown without kicking the field goal

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Career long is 54, which isn't long for a kicker these days.

Wonder how long they'll screw around trying to get the touchdown without kicking the field goal

To me it looks like anything over 48 is pretty shaky. Very odd.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If the Vikings get the onside kick, we have great 26-25 potential.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Piling up those garbage time stats right now.

Cousins is mostly good and makes some incredible throws but he also frustrates the hell out of you with some of the stuff he does. There were worse throws afterwards but I can't stop thinking of the overthrow to Diggs early in the game. You can't leave 7 points on the field against this defense.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This is the type of game where in the past Zimmer would've lit someone up in his presser but he probably won't, especially not Cousins.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Piling up those garbage time stats right now.

Cousins is mostly good and makes some incredible throws but he also frustrates the hell out of you with some of the stuff he does. There were worse throws afterwards but I can't stop thinking of the overthrow to Diggs early in the game. You can't leave 7 points on the field against this defense.

He lacks awareness and gets rattled once the play breaks down. That's why he is pretty sketchy at running a hurry up offense.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Next 3 games for the Vikings:

SNF against a desperate Packers team

At New England

MNF at Seattle, which is the NFL's Temple of Doom

Based on what I saw from Cousins tonight...... Vikes might lose 4 in a row.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
So little drama on onside kicks nowadays.

Sad.
New rules to protect players. Can’t overload one side anymore.

Sad that like 85% of onside kicks ends with no drama.

Surprised we have not seen an attempt where the kicker kicks it directly at someone hoping for it to bounce off him for a scramble.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Hicks might be the 2nd best player on the Bears. What a beast. Reminds me of Justin Smith under Fangio.

Such a strange/interesting career path for him. California kid, commits to LSU, involved in recruiting scandal and has to leave LSU. Goes to a junior college in Canada, gets himself drafted by the Saints, where he earns the "talented but inconsistent" label, traded to the Pats, same thing. Then he goes to the Bears, signs a pretty decent free agent deal, then gets a big extension and now he's one of the best DL in the league.

It's like, most guys like that work harder before they get paid. He didn't become a great player until after he got paid.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Working nights sucks when your team is flexed

Only saw 3rd qtr and most of 4th. D looked great but the offense is still having issues especially with run game

Bears need to get run game on track if we want to do damage in playoffs IMO

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...well-spent-by-vikings/?utm_term=.f335411f3cce

Interesting article

@Gene Parmesan

Basically it says what you saying all along that cousins isn't that good. There was a lot of hype for him but he just throw too many ill timed picks. One QB is a gaudy fantasy QB and the other is a game manager.

This is something that was discussed around the Alex Smith trade as well as there were some people convinced Cousins was a top 10 lock as a QB where a few of us had him more in that middle tier of 12-15 or whatever.

I still think Cousins is still a pretty good QB - when he gets time, he can make all the throws. The on-going issues on the Vikings OL don't help.

Also, I was as big of a fan of Dalvin Cook as anyone coming out but the Vikings really need to figure out what they have in him the rest of this season. Chronic injuries and fumbles were some of the reasons he fell to the 2nd round as is and that hasn't changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad