NCAA GDT: Week 11

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
And the playoff committee still somehow ranks a 2 loss LSU ahead of the 3 one-loss Power 5 teams behind them (WVU, Wazzu, OSU). What a joke. Playoff flat out needs to move to 8 teams at this point with the 5 power conference champs being guaranteed a spot. There is no other way about it.

Hoping for WVU/OU to play LSU and light them up.

Reactions: DaveG

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
And the playoff committee still somehow ranks a 2 loss LSU ahead of the 3 one-loss Power 5 teams behind them (WVU, Wazzu, OSU). What a joke. Playoff flat out needs to move to 8 teams at this point with the 5 power conference champs being guaranteed a spot. There is no other way about it.

LSU's losses were who? Alabama and Florida. They also clobbered Georgia.

Who has OSU beaten that's really any good? The Big-10 is as mediocre (and that's being generous) as it's been in years. Their best non-conference win was a bad TCU team. OSU got blown out by Purdue and struggled to get past a horrible Nebraska.

Same for the other teams. WSU lost to a bad USC team and their most impressive win is a 4-loss Oregon. WVU arguably is the best of this lot, but that blowout loss to a 3-loss Iowa State will sting.

Not saying I agree with the reasoning, but the results make the committee's job easier to keep stroking the SEC teams.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
LSU's losses were who? Alabama and Florida. They also clobbered Georgia.

Who has OSU beaten that's really any good? The Big-10 is as mediocre (and that's being generous) as it's been in years. Their best non-conference win was a bad TCU team. OSU got blown out by Purdue and struggled to get past a horrible Nebraska.

Same for the other teams. WSU lost to a bad USC team and their most impressive win is a 4-loss Oregon. WVU arguably is the best of this lot, but that blowout loss to a 3-loss Iowa State will sting.

Not saying I agree with the reasoning, but the results make the committee's job easier to keep stroking the SEC teams.

LSU lost by 8 at Florida, WVU lost by 16 at Iowa State. I wouldn't call the Iowa State loss a blowout and the committee has the Gators and Cyclones ranked close. So you can call those loses a wash. Ohio State did get blown out by Purdue so that's the worst loss of the 3.

LSU does have the win over Georgia which is the best then all three have wins over average teams like Miss State, Texas, Penn State, Auburn, Michigan State and so on. So you go give the nod to LSU for the better win over Georgia and the closer loss to Florida. So LSU, WVU and Ohio State in that order is fine. Oh wait I forgot LSU got shut out at home to Alabama and the committee must have too because there's no way that the extra loss should keep them in front of those other teams when the rest of the resumes are close.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
LSU lost by 8 at Florida, WVU lost by 16 at Iowa State. I wouldn't call the Iowa State loss a blowout and the committee has the Gators and Cyclones ranked close. So you can call those loses a wash. Ohio State did get blown out by Purdue so that's the worst loss of the 3.

LSU does have the win over Georgia which is the best then all three have wins over average teams like Miss State, Texas, Penn State, Auburn, Michigan State and so on. So you go give the nod to LSU for the better win over Georgia and the closer loss to Florida. So LSU, WVU and Ohio State in that order is fine. Oh wait I forgot LSU got shut out at home to Alabama and the committee must have too because there's no way that the extra loss should keep them in front of those other teams when the rest of the resumes are close.

For WVU, the score might have been "closer" but that's it. They got outgained 498-152 and had nine first downs total for the game. ISU had 25. If West Virginia doesn't have that blocked FG go back for a TD, the game is even uglier.

Now if WVU beats Oklahoma they'll be more in the conversation, but it really doesn't matter unless one of the top 4 lose. WVU though I might give an argument to get ahead of Michigan if they beat OU. Again, not saying I agree with all the reasoning, but those kinds of things are what the committee look at.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
You'd think they'd try to mask it a little but they flat out don't care if you know it. Not sure which is worse them thinking LSU is the 7th best or the Florida and Kentucky rankings?

UF and UK are the two most overrated teams in the country. No better than any of the mid tier Big Ten teams such as Iowa, MSU, Wisky and Northwestern. UF and UK have had ugly recent losses and barely move down the polls. What a disgrace. If the SEC has two teams make it to CFB PO I'm gonna be sick to my stomach

Curious if anyone else agrees that the Big Ten is a deeper conference than the SEC these days

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I wouldn't be surprised to if Florida loses to a hapless FSU team*.

*(Only if they somehow beat BC this week cause then you have the bowl streak on the line + the rivalry game factor. If FSU loses to BC they probably just shut it down)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad