NFL GDT: Week 11 - Part 2 - MNF Conclusion

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Who cares about crowning an MVP right now? Lots of season left.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
The Chiefs played two deep and gave the Rams 15 yard outs when they had no timeouts. They should have made the Rams dink and dunk over the middle instead of chunk yards on out breaking routes.

Given what was happening, I'd rather count on the offense scoring again than the defense stopping them. They didn't do either obviously.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
3rd most points in NFL history. 4 of the top 5 are games that took place in November.

Highest scoring MNF game surpassing a 1983 game where Green Bay beat Washington 48-47.

Chiefs are the first team to score 50 points and lose.

Rams are the 10th team in NFL history to score exactly 54 points.

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
This may come as a surprise but the team with the #1 Offense (in terms of yards) coming into the game wasn't the Rams, Chiefs or Saints

-Tampa Bay

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Who cares about crowning an MVP right now? Lots of season left.

It's all the bad sports talk morning shows can talk about lately. But you're right. There's plenty time for somebody else to sneak into the convo.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I am 100% content being tired this morning from staying up to watch that. What an incredible game. The worst part about it was that it had to end.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Those are the top 2 young QBs in the game right now? I know 'young' isn't fixed, but...

Add Wentz, Watson, Trubisky, plus maybe one guy from the current rookie class. That's not a bad "generation" I don't think.

I don't think stretching back to Mariota and Winston helps the cause. Nor Bortles. Then you're at 2012 with Luck and Wilson.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Man, incredible game to watch, incredible game for both teams... Horrible game for my fantasy football team... I had Gurley, opponent had Tyreek Hill, Josh Reynolds (LMAO WTF), Butker, and LAR defense... Talk about a perfect shit-storm for my team.

Granted, I'm still 9-2, but that was a very frustrating game for me. Adding on top of a lousy day at work and the Penguins blowing a 4-1 lead, it wasn't a great sports night for me. At least it was a historic game though. lol

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Man, incredible game to watch, incredible game for both teams... Horrible game for my fantasy football team... I had Gurley, opponent had Tyreek Hill, Josh Reynolds (LMAO WTF), Butker, and LAR defense... Talk about a perfect ****-storm for my team.

Granted, I'm still 9-2, but that was a very frustrating game for me. Adding on top of a lousy day at work and the Penguins blowing a 4-1 lead, it wasn't a great sports night for me. At least it was a historic game though. lol
Kinda ballsy starting a D vs KC ..

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Yes. This was not a well-played football game despite the fireworks. How many contested catches were there in that game at all? 3 or 4 total? It was a hot mess from a defensive perspective.

NFL lifer Defensive Coordinators are behind the times. You no longer have time to get aligned pre-snap because nearly all the top offensive minds are quick snapping. Both the Chiefs and Rams were caught multiple times trying to get lined up before the snap. Now not all games are like Monday night and I don't think it's a harbinger of things to come. Most games are still in the 20's.

Reactions: m9

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Does Riddick post similar things about pathetic high school level offenses when games end 9-3 or so?

I mean often a great D is just a result of a god awful offense (Especially at QB) being opposition

I don't think this is future of NFL to have this type of shootout but having the two best offenses going at it and having this result was great for league and something entertaining

Seems a lot of people are trying everything they can to bash game and anyone who enjoyed it

Last edited:
Reactions: m9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad