NFL GDT: Week 10

Sep 19, 2008
Clapper will not be fired until at least offseason. Too much progress being made. Big win for the today.

Eagles fall back under .500 and Redskins have 2 game lead in the NFC East :)

Now off the Cowboys wagon.

Sep 19, 2008

Problem is Redskins o line issues may eventually catch up to them. But as you all saw Redskins have 2nd easiest schedule remaining and out of the top 3 teams in NFC East have easiest schedule remaining

Texans gonna be tough though

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
The race ain't over yet

Eh...6-3 vs 4-5 and somehow the Redskins always manage to pull it out. Maybe the Eagles can make a run but the Cowboys are dead in the water. They couldn't afford that lost to the Titans although I have no idea what each respective's team remaining schedule looks like.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Eh...6-3 vs 4-5 and somehow the Redskins always manage to pull it out. Maybe the Eagles can make a run but the Cowboys are dead in the water. They couldn't afford that lost to the Titans although I have no idea what each respective's team remaining schedule looks like.
It is over. Washington will win it.

Sep 19, 2008
The Redskins formula is to take the lead early and turtle. They lead early 3-0 then build upon that. Every time they have trailed starting the game they have not won. Just so unstable. I'm happy they are 6-3 but who knows how long playing that kind of dangerous football can last.

It is over. Washington will win it.

Even when Ertz and Wentz have yet to play Washington :huh:

Winning the MNF game as well as the game in Washington can change the standings. Don't count them out yet.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The NFC East of 2018 might be the worst division since..... the NFC East of 2015

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
You do know the Eagles were 4-4 And struggled just like Dallas right?

I think people just inherently give the Eagles more credit because they're the defending champs. Can't say I blame em. You'd think they would have eventually turned it around. Getting an offense in neutral at home should/could have been that start.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
It's after games like these that I wish I understood the intricacies of football more...it's hard to understand where teams can go from there/what went wrong besides a basic level when you don't grasp at a high level a game as complex as football.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Philly might be one of the weakest defending champs we've seen in a while if they cant turn things around. I mean is Washington really going to win the division? Im sure Alex Smith will get tons of credit even though he's been awful.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Redskins formula is to take the lead early and turtle. They lead early 3-0 then build upon that. Every time they have trailed starting the game they have not won. Just so unstable. I'm happy they are 6-3 but who knows how long playing that kind of dangerous football can last.

Even when Ertz and Wentz have yet to play Washington :huh:

Winning the MNF game as well as the game in Washington can change the standings. Don't count them out yet.
The Eagles just aren't good this year. Last year they were great but had some fortunate bounces. Probably a 7-9 team.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
Nice win for the Cowboys. They have many talented players. Hopefully, next season they get the right coach, and they become true contenders going forward.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
It's mid November, I have no idea who's going to win that division, except NY is out of it. Redskins have Houston this week and then go to Dallas on Thanksgiving, and they barely beat Dallas at home. Anything can happen, big win for Dallas tonight obviously, with everyone proclaiming them dead after the Titans game.

Eagles with classic textbook Super Bowl hangover.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Noob question from a noob fan:

Seeing Drew Brees's record career stats, is there an argument to be made that he is one of the best QB of all time? Maybe the best?

I understand that stats arent everything. My father in law was telling me about a time when defenses were *much* tighter, so if someone would care explaining why i may be wrong/or at least subject to argumentation, i am open to learn ^_^

Unfortunately QBs are judged on rings. Brees will never get his just due in that regard, because Brady has 5 and Montana has 3 and Brees will be fortunate to end up with 2. But I think it's a great disservice when people say he doesn't even belong in the conversation.

Look at the gif below. How many QB's could throw it through one of these rings, much less two, much less when they're both moving?

I think it was that Sports Science show where he was more accurate than an Olympic archer that that had instrumentation put in the ball to measure velocity and launch angle. Every single one of his ten passes came at exactly a 6 degree launch angle off his hand, at exactly 52 miles per hour and a ball spin at 600 RPM and he hit the bullseye on all ten throws and 4 of the ten were dead center of the bullseye.

The same show as the gif, he's chucking footballs into a basketball goal on the Superdome floor while standing in the upper deck and skeet shooting by throwing footballs at the clays. I don't even know how that is possible. I think the guy is a Terminator sent from the future or something.

4d83635ffe81e9fb40e2f0a29649d496b8d7ccbb58fa11d3d4f718fccbb0d80c

Reactions: Amerika

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I think people just inherently give the Eagles more credit because they're the defending champs. Can't say I blame em. You'd think they would have eventually turned it around. Getting an offense in neutral at home should/could have been that start.

The offense hasn't been able to score all year.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
It's mid November, I have no idea who's going to win that division, except NY is out of it. Redskins have Houston this week and then go to Dallas on Thanksgiving, and they barely beat Dallas at home. Anything can happen, big win for Dallas tonight obviously, with everyone proclaiming them dead after the Titans game.

Eagles with classic textbook Super Bowl hangover.

Dallas and Washington during Thanksgiving Dinner? I might be glad I'm missing that game this year.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
How does that happen though? There wasn't a big roster turnover as far as I can tell.
Their offensive line is not playing as well as it did. The coaching is suspect, very much like 2016 when they went 7-9. They also aren't creating turnovers like last year (which is some portion luck). Their runningback production is also not as good a year ago. Basically most NFL teams are 8-8 talent (other than QB), and there isn't a huge difference between 6-10 and 10-6. This team could be 9-0 with a handful of plays, or 1-8. They have only had 1 game by more 1 score. they are 3-5 in 1 score games. Last year they were 7-2 including the playoffs.

They were the best team in the league last year, and they didn't just get hot at the right time. Them and the Patriots had the best point differential. It is terrible they lost to the Cowboys and are 4-5, but 2017 makes it all worth it.

Reactions: Amerika

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Nice win for the Cowboys. They have many talented players. Hopefully, next season they get the right coach, and they become true contenders going forward.

Still lot of holes. TE is a priority. We need a WR opposite Amari. Need help at C. Need to upgrade the defensive line. Safety is an issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad