NCAA GDT: Week 10

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Alabama was in the top 4 a week early but they've earned their spot now. I don't think there's another team in the country that could shut down Fournette like they did tonight. People will trash LSU but they've got a good OL, that Alabama front 7 though is ridiculous.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
1. Ohio St. (9-0)
2. Clemson (9-0)
3. Alabama (8-1)
4. Baylor (8-0)
5. Notre Dame (8-1)
6. Stanford (8-1)
7. Oklahoma St. (9-0)
8. Iowa (9-0)
9. LSU (7-1)
10. Utah (8-1)
11. Florida (8-1)
12. Michigan St. (8-1)
13. Oklahoma (8-1)
14. TCU (8-1)
15. Michigan (7-2)
16. Houston (9-0)
17. UCLA (7-2)
18. North Carolina (8-1)
19. Temple (8-1)
20. Florida St. (7-2)
21. Northwestern (7-2)
22. Memphis (8-1)
23. Wisconsin (8-2)
24. Mississippi St. (7-2)
25. Navy (7-1)

Sep 19, 2008
Saban always seems to have his teams ready to go. This Bama team was predicted by many to be rebuilding this year yet they have somehow forced themselves into the playoff discussion. Alabama never rebuilds. Alabama doesn't have bad years under Saban. A bad year under Saban is like 3 losses in a year. That's it.

And then of course when they get trounced in the playoff game he will whine and complain about how players were "preparing for the NFL draft grades" instead of practicing.

Now for some good news, MSU lost :yo:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Bama has a very good D and an inconsistent offense. LSU has an unbalanced offense and a good but not great D. I think Clemson might well be quite a bit better than both.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
LSU is done if you ask me. I don't see Bama losing. So even if they won out that knocks them out.

Two spots seem clear and the SEC title game winner makes a third. If Ohio State lost to Iowa and both are undefeated I'm hard pressed to figure out if Iowa gets in. It could go either way. It could be boring and predictable or really interesting. If Clemson loses the ACC title game they would be out definitely. The Big 12 could have no undefeated teams. If that happens they likely wouldn't get one.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Bama has a very good D and an inconsistent offense. LSU has an unbalanced offense and a good but not great D. I think Clemson might well be quite a bit better than both.

Clemson has one of the best QB's in the nation to go along with a ton of talent all over the field.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
LSU is done if you ask me. I don't see Bama losing. So even if they won out that knocks them out.

Two spots seem clear and the SEC title game winner makes a third. If Ohio State lost to Iowa and both are undefeated I'm hard pressed to figure out if Iowa gets in. It could go either way. It could be boring and predictable or really interesting. If Clemson loses the ACC title game they would be out definitely. The Big 12 could have no undefeated teams. If that happens they likely wouldn't get one.

There's no way an undefeated Big 10 team who beat the (presumably undefeated, probably at worst 1-loss) defending champions is getting left out of the top 4 in favor of 2 different 1-loss teams.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Come on ECU, all you need is a win against winless UCF and I guess what would be called an upset against Cincy and you can still play in a bowl.

Do it for me, because it seems everyone else on this board hates you :laugh:

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I have to give Urban credit. He basically said he was wrong in making Cardale starter. The offense is based mostly on reads and he's not a read option QB. I guess I wonder what took him so long. This team probably would have looked like they were supposed to had Barrett been the guy. Cardale almost cost them tonight. He made enough plays in the 2nd half but the D was great and with 2 minutes to go it was still in doubt because of that. That pick 6 became gigantic. He engineered 21 points(well 14 before that last TD which was basically just about getting a first down or in position to try for a FG but busted coverage allowed him to score so I don't necessarily count it in the same weight because they weren't trying to score.) Insurance I suppose but kind of garbage tack on points. It did cement the game but with a first down they run the clock out anyway.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
I have to give Urban credit. He basically said he was wrong in making Cardale starter. The offense is based mostly on reads and he's not a read option QB. I guess I wonder what took him so long. This team probably would have looked like they were supposed to had Barrett been the guy. Cardale almost cost them tonight. He made enough plays in the 2nd half but the D was great and with 2 minutes to go it was still in doubt because of that. That pick 6 became gigantic. He engineered 21 points(well 14 before that last TD which was basically just about getting a first down or in position to try for a FG but busted coverage allowed him to score so I don't necessarily count it in the same weight because they weren't trying to score.) Insurance I suppose but kind of garbage tack on points. It did cement the game but with a first down they run the clock out anyway.

He's not a very smart player. Big arm but can't make good reads and doesn't have great instincts. Winning 3 games at the end last season against good teams fooled people into thinking he was an elite player, and believing he's an elite prospect. He's the next Jamarcus Russell at the NFL level.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
He's not a very smart player. Big arm but can't make good reads and doesn't have great instincts. Winning 3 games at the end last season against good teams fooled people into thinking he was an elite player, and believing he's an elite prospect. He's the next Jamarcus Russell at the NFL level.

I feel bad for the kid. Selfishly I think I would have gone pro in his situation because of what you said. Now he's really got no future. No way he's drafted and I'm not even sure he gets to a teams camp. He's got a big arm but so does a guy like Stafford. I think without Megatron he's nothing worth talking about. He makes bad decisions when it really means something. I know they say take the education but don't you think Ohio State would have took him back for the one year at a later date? You do hear of players going back to school so I'm not sure how big of an argument the education play is.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Huge blow to Fournette's Heisman campaign. Can't come up with a dud vs. top teams in huge games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad