GDT: Week 1 - Miami at PATRIOTS - 1 PM - CBS (regional), 98.5 WBZ-FM

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If there's anything to be frustrated by with today's game, it's that this style of offense is exactly what they needed with last year's stellar defense.

If we had Hightower/Roberts/KVN/Chung/Shelton this year, I'd consider us highly competitive with Baltimore and KC.

As is, I like what I see so far, but I imagine next week in Seattle is going to show where this team really stands.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
If we had Hightower/Roberts/KVN/Chung/Shelton this year, I'd consider us highly competitive with Baltimore and KC.

As is, I like what I see so far, but I imagine next week in Seattle is going to show where this team really stands.

Eh, I wouldn't view Roberts, KVN, or Shelton as big losses. I thought Roberts was bad here, and KVN and Shelton were both put in good situations.

It's Miami, so you have to take it with a grain of salt, but I thought today's game proved that this should probably be at least a 9-7/10-6 team. I think you have to see how they do in games where they get behind early and have to abandon the run.

Reactions: Gordoff

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
As far as rookies go, Anfernee Jennings stood out today. And what was that UDFA RB's name? JJ Johnson? Someone posted that he gave off Dion Lewis vibes, and I kind of see it. The undersized Danny Woodhead kind of back who ran past people when they were accustomed to trying to stop the bigger Newton. If he can catch and if he can stay slippery, they might have a gem there.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
As far as rookies go, Anfernee Jennings stood out today. And what was that UDFA RB's name? JJ Johnson? Someone posted that he gave off Dion Lewis vibes, and I kind of see it. The undersized Danny Woodhead kind of back who ran past people when they were accustomed to trying to stop the bigger Newton. If he can catch and if he can stay slippery, they might have a gem there.

JJ Taylor. He was awesome today. Guy could easily take Burkhead's role.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Brady's not looking too good to start off in Tampa. Gotten pressured multiple times, thrown an INT, and his defense is falling apart.
I've only seen a couple highlights, but it looks like he and Evans aren't on the same page at all. The INT was inexplicable otherwise. It's been a running theme the last 5 years that he just can't get up to speed with new WRs. Other than Brandin Cooks, every WR the Pats brought in was just unable to mesh with Brady. Not sure what the problem is. Though let's be fair, the lack of pre-season didn't help (even though Brady never plays more than a quarter in the preseason)

If Tom can't establish chemistry with Evans and Godwin, they're going to be in trouble.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I've only seen a couple highlights, but it looks like he and Evans aren't on the same page at all. The INT was inexplicable otherwise. It's been a running theme the last 5 years that he just can't get up to speed with new WRs. Other than Brandin Cooks, every WR the Pats brought in was just unable to mesh with Brady. Not sure what the problem is. Though let's be fair, the lack of pre-season didn't help (even though Brady never plays more than a quarter in the preseason)

If Tom can't establish chemistry with Evans and Godwin, they're going to be in trouble.

On top of that, Gronkowski has been completely missing blocking assignments.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Bradys been fine his receivers are the ones making mistakes. Getting hit more than hes used to and looks foolish in that uniform.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad