NCAA GDT: Week 0

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
After watching that 4th quarter, I think it’s perfectly fine that these teams only play every 5 or 6 years

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The game was a gong show at times but damn it's great to have college football back. We're entering a very fun time of year for sports fans.

Reactions: CanesInducedComa

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Heck, they hardly ever leave the state for non-conference games.

Someone mentioned their last true road game outside the SEC (not counting FSU) was in the 90's. Not sure if thats true but I notice they only play Non SEC P5 schools in the regular season at neutral sites. Even Georgia has traveled to Notre Dame and Colorado in this decade.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Someone mentioned their last true road game outside the SEC (not counting FSU) was in the 90's. Not sure if thats true but I notice they only play Non SEC P5 schools in the regular season at neutral sites. Even Georgia has traveled to Notre Dame and Colorado in this decade.
Last out of conference road game was Syracuse in 1991. They lost.

Apparently they're going to rectify this by playing Colorado State in 2029. I guess in part because they hired away their coach a few years ago.

My bad. They're actually playing Colorado.

Reactions: HisIceness

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Last out of conference road game was Syracuse in 1991. They lost.

Apparently they're going to rectify this by playing Colorado State in 2029. I guess in part because they hired away their coach a few years ago.

My bad. They're actually playing Colorado.

Looks like they also have a home and home with Texas the following year. So basically 40 years not playing a true OOC road game besides the annual game with Florida State and 1 game in Miami some 10 years ago. Amazing.

Reactions: CanadianHawks

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Looks like they also have a home and home with Texas the following year. So basically 40 years not playing a true OOC road game besides the annual game with Florida State and 1 game in Miami some 10 years ago. Amazing.
The convenient part is that these games are so far off that they can cancel them, especially if they're good again and want some cupcakes on the schedule.

Reactions: HisIceness

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Georgia played at Arizona State in like 2008 or something and it was like the first time ever they played west of the Mississippi River other than bowls.

Sep 19, 2008
It was to Syracuse in the 90s. They lost. It was the last time they scheduled ooc away from home until the Michigan game at Dallas.

Gators homers argued since they already played fsu and Miami there was no need to go ooc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad