Friedman: Weegar extension with CGY likely to be similar to Hampus Lindholm extension (8 years, 6.5 M per)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Window's now, I could care less about the tail end of that deal; as I do for all deals.

For all the people who will of course worry about how this will look in 8 years... Jamie Benn was the leading scorer in the NHL 8 years ago; so who gives a f*** about what anything will look like then :laugh:

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Window's now, I could care less about the tail end of that deal; as I do for all deals.

For all the people who will of course worry about how this will look in 8 years... Jamie Benn was the leading scorer in the NHL 8 years ago; so who gives a f*** about what anything will look like then :laugh:
Calgary right now is doing long deals right - long deals to lock up good players so they provide overlapping value together, with overlapping anticipated 'bad years,' so rather than being solid for a long time, the team is really good, then gets really bad.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Hanifin, Tanev, Zadorov, Lindholm, Dube, Backlund and Kylington. 3 top 4 D, 2 top 6 C, 3W and physical 5D is a lot of work.

Some of these guys outside of Lindholm and Hanifin will either get salary-dumped or will walk in UFA. That's what the time-tested combo of shrewd FA/trade pickups and homegrown players will need to bridge.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
calgary has a 2-3 year window then its gonna look terrible.

If Calgary becomes the first Canadian team to win the Stanley cup in 30 years, they will laugh all the way to the bank no matter how painful the back half may be. If Huberdeau/Kadri/Weegar fit the team in the same way that I think is possible, Calgary very well might've created the most outstanding roster pivot that we've seen in modern NHL history.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
If the cap shoots up around the same time that our contracts turn 'bad', then it'll be easy to do another quick re-tool/rebuild in a few years time. Hopefully we have a new arena in place for that new era

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Some of these guys outside of Lindholm and Hanifin will either get salary-dumped or will walk in UFA. That's what the time-tested combo of shrewd FA/trade pickups and homegrown players will need to bridge.
I think Coronato and Pelletier will be solid middle 6 guys, beyond that there isn't a lot of blue chips in the organization right now.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I think Coronato and Pelletier will be solid middle 6 guys, beyond that there isn't a lot of blue chips in the organization right now.
I usually am extremely cautious of hyping our goalie prospects (Gillies, Parsons, Irving etc.), but Wolf seems to be a really good bet to be an impactful goalie for us soon

Reactions: Boomstick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad