OT: Wednesday night poll; what will you be watching

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I will be watching the B's until the game is over and then will switch over to the Sox.

Also will check in between periods .

Same here.

And the Bruins game will end before the Sox game so I won't miss the rio-er, the celebrations in Boston should the Sox win Game 6. :D

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Sox, it's game 6 of the World Series and it's a winning situation. Pretty obvious for me.

I'll flip to the Bruins during commercials and I'll watch it Thursday thanks to DVR, though. Let's hope it only goes 6, though. I'm tired of missing the Bruins. ;)

Same here. I'll flip during commercials and just record it to watch later. The WS doesn't happen every year. The Bruins have only just started. We've got 8 months to enjoy it. This Sox team is pretty special and my nerves can't handle multitasking via the laptop & tv. I gottta stick with one. Get the good juju flowing.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Same here.

And the Bruins game will end before the Sox game so I won't miss the rio-er, the celebrations in Boston should the Sox win Game 6. :D

I want the Sox to win tomorrow so there will be parking Thurs for the B's game ;)

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I'll be watching the Bs on tv with the sox on the tablet in the periphery........but then again, I'm a Jays fan from Toronto :-(

ronwm

Aug 4, 2010
(South of) Boston
When my wife and I have flipped over to the Sox games, bad things have happened. So we just keep updated via online score.

A very dear friend of ours who is a huge Sox fan did the same for us the year the Bruins won the cup, so I'm returning the favor.

Sure...it's superstitious bunk, but I'm not going to tempt fate and suffer her wrath....

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
So this non baseball fan who isn't really following wants to know if the Sox are ahead in the series and if they have a good pitcher for game 6? Just humor me.

I will happily be watching hockey (well tomorrow the kids will take over. The TV at 10 for American Horror story so I will miss the end of the hockey game). Like I said I seem to bring bad luck if I watch the Sox so will follow online.

BudMovin*

It's been awhile since the Sox clinched in Boston. I'm a hockey guy first, but it's a much bigger deal than a regular season Bruins game.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
gotta pull hard for the sox. will watch mostly b's though..

getting to the game on thursday if there is a game 7 will SUCK. not to mention trying to leave after.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Strictly Bruins tonight. Might check on the score of the Sox game during intermissions, but chances are I will be taking the dog out or getting lunch sorted out for Thursday. Once the Bruins game is over and done with, I will likely check in on the Sox game if there isn't anything else to watch.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Strictly Bruins tonight. Might check on the score of the Sox game during intermissions, but chances are I will be taking the dog out or getting lunch sorted out for Thursday. Once the Bruins game is over and done with, I will likely check in on the Sox game if there isn't anything else to watch.

Weird. I had you pegged as a Say Yes to the Dress guy...:naughty:

zenfin

Jul 31, 2005
New Boston, NH
www.myspace.com
I won't be watching either considering cable prices have gone so through the roof that it is not worth paying just for one channel. How I miss the old channel 38 days :cry:

I know the Sox are on Fox 25, but I would much rather watch grass grow than a boring baseball game.

disfigured

Mar 29, 2003
Lowell MA
Both. I record both.

Since that ties up the two live feeds in my living room DVR, I'll watch something recorded on the DVR itself for approximately 1 - 1.5 hours. Or noodle online for that time period (avoiding sports websites).

Then I watch the B's. With the time saved fast-forwarding every commercial and intermission between periods, I nearly catch up with live play. Which is before the Sox's have ended.

Then I do the same with the Sox. Baseball has even more dead air than hockey (between innings, switching pitchers, 7th stretch blah blah), that I only stay up slightly later than if I had watched the game live from the beginning. Sometimes I even catch up to live play on the ball game too (especially these long WS games).

I have the same set up running in the bedroom in case I get tired. Sometimes I'll finish a game (usually another hockey game) in bed. I've finished conflicting sports programs the next morning with coffee before I put on TV or DandC.

I'm seriously thinking of switching to the Hopper which has even more feeds and recording options. I'm not crazy about their compressed signal on my TVs though.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
Sox on the TV and Bruins on the laptop. Can't do it any other way since I've moved.

Maybe I'll head out to the bar to watch the Sox, haven't decided yet. Hmmmm.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Both. I record both.

Since that ties up the two live feeds in my living room DVR, I'll watch something recorded on the DVR itself for approximately 1 - 1.5 hours. Or noodle online for that time period (avoiding sports websites).

Then I watch the B's. With the time saved fast-forwarding every commercial and intermission between periods, I nearly catch up with live play. Which is before the Sox's have ended.

Then I do the same with the Sox. Baseball has even more dead air than hockey (between innings, switching pitchers, 7th stretch blah blah), that I only stay up slightly later than if I had watched the game live from the beginning. Sometimes I even catch up to live play on the ball game too (especially these long WS games).

I have the same set up running in the bedroom in case I get tired. Sometimes I'll finish a game (usually another hockey game) in bed. I've finished conflicting sports programs the next morning with coffee before I put on TV or DandC.

I'm seriously thinking of switching to the Hopper which has even more feeds and recording options. I'm not crazy about their compressed signal on my TVs though.

X1 with Comcast can record and watch a ton of stuff simultaneously. As much as I hate it overall, it is nice not having to worry how many episodes of Sister Wives my wife is recording.

I know exactly the predicament you're in though, and it can be very tricky to navigate. You really have to be careful when you're using the remote, so as to not hit the wrong button. I can usually get through a full Bruins game in about an hour and 20 minutes.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
Unless they show clips of the B's on the centerfield scoreboard, all sox. Hoping to see the WS trophy hoisted. And hoping the few delinquent morons of Boston don't lose their minds tonight. Other than that, I'm looking forward to loooong night at the Fens!

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
it'll be interesting to see how the Celts react in their opening game with a new coach and Sullinger out for a suspension.

i keed, i keed. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad