OT: Wednesday night poll; what will you be watching

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
On nights there has been a conflict, I have been starting out with the Bruins, and flipping back and forth during commercials or stoppage in play. The nice thing about baseball, or the not nice thing, depending on how you look at it, is that you can watch an entire hockey game, then flip over to the Sox, and it's still only in like the 5th inning. Since the Sox are playing in what could be a World Series clinching game, I will likely pay more attention to it, but as long as I see the last few innings, I am happy.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Bruins.

World Series has been damn entertaining but I could never cheer for the sox, hope the Cards push it to 7.

Will watch WS after Bruins game is over I am sure.

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
At 1st I'll be concentrating on the B's and flipping back and forth. If the B's game is on NBC Sports Live Extra like the schedule says it is I'll have the B's on my tablet/Chromebook and have the Sox on my TV and watch both.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I will be watching the B's until the game is over and then will switch over to the Sox.

Also will check in between periods .

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Mostly Bruins. I'll be in a bar where I can see both, but I'll say if I had to choose which team wins, I'd want the Bruins. On the night the Sox clinched the 2007 Series, I was playing hockey in Quincy.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Both.

I DVR them both and watch the The Sox for an hour or so, then pause it and watch the B's first period, skipping all commercials, then I'll go back to the Sox and watch for a while, again skipping commercials.

As long as I am always ahead in the Sox game it works because the Sox game won't give the Bruins score but the Bruins game will give the Sox score.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
All Bruins

Then when the Bruins end I will switch over to the Sox and watch from the bottom of the 3rd on.

Why does baseball take so friggen long to play.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
if this was a pre season Bruins game, Id be watching that instead of baseball.
sad as that sounds.

i find it funny they were giving away socks tickets for $1 last month. Now all the new england bandwagoners have taken over.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
All Bruins

Then when the Bruins end I will switch over to the Sox and watch from the bottom of the 3rd on.

Why does baseball take so friggen long to play.

I actually enjoyed last night's game because it was so low scoring and fast paced.

The sox games are particularly slow because of the way they grind at bats. I like NL ball because it goes a lot quicker with the pitcher batting.

As for Wednesday, I'm sure I'll be booted from the TV and watching the B's on the laptop. I get it. I'm a hockey nut and everyone else is not.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I'll be puttin' the clicker to good use.

In WS games 1 & 2, it seemed like every time we switched over to the ball game and came back, the Bruins had scored.

I did not watch either game Saturday night....both losses are all on me! :(

wetcamelfood

Aug 19, 2007
Hope the Sox can get it done in game 6 as I fear if they don't they won't win game 7. I'm just happy that if they do win, it will be at Fenway this time. Man, it's gonna explode when/if they win! :)

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I am not at all a baseball fan. So all Bruins for me.

The one Sox game I did watch on TV they were winning when I turned on the game and then started to stink and lost. Not sure if I jinxed them or not but figured I better avoid the games just in case.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Sox, it's game 6 of the World Series and it's a winning situation. Pretty obvious for me.

I'll flip to the Bruins during commercials and I'll watch it Thursday thanks to DVR, though. Let's hope it only goes 6, though. I'm tired of missing the Bruins. ;)

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
WOW! I can't believe this isn't completely slanted in the other direction here. I know it's a hockey board, but this is game six of the World Series. I'll have the B's game summary on the laptop; but will be glued to fox tomorrow tonight (no matter what it says)...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad