OT: Wednesday night poll; what will you be watching

disfigured

Mar 29, 2003
Lowell MA
X1 with Comcast can record and watch a ton of stuff simultaneously. As much as I hate it overall, it is nice not having to worry how many episodes of Sister Wives my wife is recording.

I know exactly the predicament you're in though, and it can be very tricky to navigate. You really have to be careful when you're using the remote, so as to not hit the wrong button. I can usually get through a full Bruins game in about an hour and 20 minutes.

Exactly.

Turning the damn thing back on is the hardest. Mine is forced to tune to one of the two games. I've gone to the extent of having my wife turn the TV back on for me, she then starts the B's from the recorded menu. After that I concentrate on using only the recorded items menu. I watch the B's straight through, no wandering or surfing. Then when I'm done I return to that menu and start the Sox game doing the same. One slip up (especially during the Sox game), and you can catch a score. Even the tone of a TV news reporter's voice can give away an ending. "No joy here on Yawky way tonight"........ Dammit.

Also you have to be very diligent on the fast-fowarding. Every opportunity you miss to make up time you're going to bed later.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Thinking of watching Bruins on GCL and Sox on TV...would prefer the other way around, but can't seem to find a sox online feed...

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Hockey practice at 6pm with one son,

Gym with the other around 7:45-8pm,

DVR B's game,

Around 9 (when we get back from gym), channel surf between games, depending on what is happening.

Watch B's on DVR to get whatever I missed (hopefully after Sox celebrate).

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I always choose playoff over regular season, especially a clinching game.

I will have an eye on the Bruins game for sure, but you can't beat a win in your own city to win it all.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
How is the modern version, I'm not sure what that means, less exciting than say 30 years ago? Are you referring to the PED era being better?

Nah, the dead ball era. Those were the days, by gum!

I'll be at work, Sox will be on the TV, Bruins being DVR'd at home. GO SOX!

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I'll be watching the Sox on the main TV in the living room and streaming the Bs on the NBC Live thing on my computer. I'd propose the channel flipping but I'm pretty sure my roommate would murder me in my sleep if we missed a home run or something because I was slow on the flip.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I'll be at my buddy Mofo's house, watching both games to the best of my ability.

He'll be in charge of the clicker.

He will rant and rave incessantly about how much he hates the announcers of both games.

He will refuse to lower the volume! :laugh:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'll be at my buddy Mofo's house, watching both games to the best of my ability.

He'll be in charge of the clicker.

He will rant and rave incessantly about how much he hates the announcers of both games.

He will refuse to lower the volume! :laugh:

The most important piece of information in your post is that you hang out with a person called Mofo. What exactly do you have to do to earn the name Mofo?

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Bruins.

World Series has been damn entertaining but I could never cheer for the sox, hope the Cards push it to 7.

Will watch WS after Bruins game is over I am sure.

Woo hoo, so happy to know I'm not alone :) (also *have to kind of root for the Cards as my great grandfather played 2nd base for them 'back in the day', as well as for Baltimore for a few years too).

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I just want this world series nonsense to be over. They better win tonight, mostly because I don't want them screwing up Halloween and the city is having parking bans all around the city.

That said, I'm watching the Bruins, cuz screw the Red Sox.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad